17 posts in this topic

I am moving from Fort Myers FL to Fredericksburg Virginia. I am looking for someone to show me the ropes up there. I have a new Sea Fox bay boat, and I would like it if I could hook up with someone and go out. I do a lot of Redfish Snook fishing and Tarpon they are on fire down here right now:help:

Red.jpg.63058475d6e210d5dd7976b9d5d5ab9f

Dog.jpg.327596661343ce27457547618f518981

Nice looking Brittney ya got there!

It is a Brit, yes???

One of the VA boys will jump in and post ya soon...

Welcome aboard Rob, glad to have ya here!

........Fredricksburg, huh:confused3:...you'll be right next door to Lake Anna,:happy2: great Bass fishing, Stripers and Largemouths:icon_thumright:

I'm sure there would be a few of us who would be more than willing to show you around the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean if your willing to tow your boat on down!

What part of Fred-burg are you moving to?? My parents and grandparents are from there and spent a bunch of time there growing up.

If you feel like fishing, just shoot me a PM and we can hook up down here on the bay!

You're gonna be about an hour or so south of me. In fredericksburg you will have plenty of options. Lake Anna (about 30-45 min away) Rappahannock (goes right through fredericksburg), Potomac (only 20-30 min away) Chesapeake (about an hour away) Atlantic Ocean (about 2-3 hours away) Fishing here will be a totally different world than what you're used to down in FL. I have a busy summer, so alot of my fishing will be done closer to home (not to mention gas prices) so maybe I can show you a few of my smallmouth holes on the rappahannock river. When will you be up here?

I will be there at the beginning of next month. So i got like one more week of Tarpon fishing left.

Do you guys do much inshore fishing up there? If so what kind of fish do you go after.

Most of my fishing is limited to the bay or offshore. I rarely fish less than 20 miles out (unless I'm at the mouth of the bay). I know there are wrecks and reefs not too far offshore, however I don't fish them often. What length/beam/Draft is your bay boat? Might be able to take it out to the Chesapeake Light if you pick your days right. I've been out there fishing for spades but nothing else. I do hear that the Amberjack come in there during the summer. But I think if you focus yourself around the CBBT and that area you'll have plenty of fun with trout, stripers, blues, flounder croaker and cobia.

and Sheep, Black Drum (big ones), bull reds, shark, King Macks off the beach in late summer!

Nice fishery here!

You will have to get some striper gear ready too!

You can use the same gear you use for Reds for these critters around here. For bait, we generally "match the hatch". Normally Bunker (aka Alewives or L-Y). 8/0 to 16/0 during the spring and fall run of the Stripers (aka Rockfish) with heads and big chunks used.

Summer, just like down your way, pretty much all Shark here though, Flounder in the bays with squid or live minnows.

We have a summer fling on Assateague, kayak out baits for Chark.

Freshies like the Redfish artificials, spinners, jigs, etc.

Read up on our reports and tactics and you'll be ready when you get here.

Thanks for all your help. I will be up there next week. I look forward to fishing with some of you. I have a 20ft Sea fox 2008 very nice for bay and some mild seas.

alright, glad to hear Rob....we'll be seain' ya' at the beach:icon_thumright:

Thanks for all your help. I will be up there next week. I look forward to fishing with some of you. I have a 20ft Sea fox 2008 very nice for bay and some mild seas.

Let me know when you want to splash your boat for the first time and I'll be glad to ride along and show you around!

Have a safe move!

Well I am finally here. Hit me up and we will go out.

Couldn't be better timing......Cobia have begun to show and the Bay is ready to take off with a little of everything!

I may be down close to you on Monday hitting up the Rappahannock for some smallmouth action. I might have a spare Canoe or spot in a canoe if you're interested shoot me a PM