7 posts in this topic

Hit NOB after work today for a bit and ended up having some decent luck with the small flounder.

Water was coming in nice and the clarity was pretty good, so I was optimistic I could get on some small flounder for tag and release action.:icon_thumleft:

Slapped on my flounder special consisting of a 1/4oz red jig head and a 4" Berkley Gulp Alive Chartreuse swimming minnow and started to have at it.

100_0684-1.jpg

Fished around some structure with an extremely slow presentation and is wasn't long before I felt the tell tale sign of a flattie attack.

I set the hook and grabbed the camera and got a action shot of the flounder at the top of the water:

100_0687-1.jpg

After landing him, I proceeded to tag and release him with photo shots along the way:

Sucker for the bait:

100_0681-1.jpg

Tag close up:

100_0682-1.jpg

Ready for release:

100_0683-1.jpg

Back in the water he went and headed right back to the structure he came from without any hesitation.

Ended up tagging 8 flounder today from 11"-16" with 7 of them being mine and another for a friend who caught his first flounder on an artificial lure!:happy2:

Nice hour and a half out there and towards the end, the shad/herring were thick breaking the top of the water. I took some video of them, which I will upload and post later tonight.

Looks like rain coming in later tonight for the next day or so. Hope to make it out this weekend and possibly to Back Bay for the first time this year!

Nice pics Steve!

Looked like a fun day.

May have to look close, due to as soon as I start taking video they slowed down jumping/breaking the surface!

bqtA9KhOFCo

Tagging sure makes it worth catching those little fish dosent it!

Back at it again today after work for a few and managed 2 flounder at a whopping 11" & 12"! Both tagged and released!:icon_thumleft:

nice work buddy - i tagged 8 flounder yesterday morning at the rail and 14 more last nite around 6 pm !!