6 posts in this topic

I walked on to the S. ocean beach at Assateague Island today about 10:30. I fished hard with fresh chunks and heads for three hours w/o a bite. I couldn't even catch a doggie. I decided to head north and try a few spots along the way home.

I hit the beach between Fenwick and Bethany right around high tide. I immediately got a few large smooth dogfish and some skates. I baited up with some big heads hoping to shake the skates and dogs. I got a real nice bite, felt a few head shakes and lost a fish. About a half hour later I got a strong hit on my long rod. After a nice fight I beached my personal best surf caught striper. 39-1/2" and 21 pounds.

resizeDSCN0071.jpg.51e7f2b622c6b7c47f12e

Nice Fish... congrats....

Most of us were down in the OSV zone for the spring fling.. no one was getting anything at all... We would have loved to have join us you'll have to keep that in mind for the August fling we have.

Great catch and congrats on your personal best!

fishin'girl,

I'm going to try to make the next fling. By then I should have my

4wd ready for the beach.

fishin'girl,

I'm going to try to make the next fling. By then I should have my

4wd ready for the beach.

There are many rides given out to the "ORV challenged". No need to skip out on the fling just because you don't have 4x4. I am sure we would have got you on the beach somehow!