40 posts in this topic

This had been an excellent week for striper fishing on the beachfront. If you get the chance, go fish!

Heard a couple reports yesterday of some folks getting mutiple fish and saw a nice fatty this morning that was brought by the shop for ice.

Congrats to all who got into them.

GO FISH!

Hopefully they'll be there for the fling this weekend. It'd be NICE to see some fish caught at a fling! We should do it this late every year.

Good deal on the fish this morning. It gives me back a little hope that the WEST wind steals... :icon_scratch:

Sam, he actually had 2 on the line at one time this morning. He doesn't post reports often, even when he catches...excellent catcherman...but hopefully he will, I'll let him tell the story.

Hit AI this past tuesday and wensday, Tue met up with Sam, it was nice fishin with ya again. It has been a while. Anyway not much to report, I had what sam and I believed to be a small sand tiger early on and a few doggies and skate. We believe it was a sand tiger because of the spots and gettin bite off. As for wens, pretty much the same doggies and skate.

Amanda and I fished fished with Fishaholic, Trowpa yesterday from around 7:30pm till around 4:30am. Had a couple really nice hits and landed 1 finally! 37"

Fished heads all night, a chunk never saw the water. Skates and doggies where pretty bad and moving baits around all night.

100_0247--RESIZED.gif.b89d46679dfbb0f476

Congrats Jim...Nice fish!!! It's turning into a really great spring run!

Thanks for not stealing my Thunder Jim!!!!! It was great to finally get out to the beach again, as well as seeing all of you again. Steve, don't worry, you now just have to lose one, then lose one in the suds and you'll finally get one right???? Won't go into details, Jim pretty much explained it, except the INSANE amounts of rain w/lightning we got right after you left....so close that you were probably still airing up. Jim beat me by 1/2 in. We stopped by to pay Bev for the bunker she so kindly left out for us (thanks again bev) And we officially weighed and measured it. 36.5" 15lb 9oz. Its been a while since I landed a good Striper on a surf rod (heh, anyone can do it from a boat). Good Luck tomorrow....I hope they stay in for you and everyone gets some meat for the freezer!!!!! Wish I could be there.

36.5in15lb9ozstriper.jpg.87a8e84490d73fb

Striperonbeach.jpg.0526f8ad8b8082c5cb1fb

5852a522a914c_unhookingstriper.jpg.fd9af