6 posts in this topic

Hey...this last time I went th Ai...two weeks ago....the big doggie I caught, we cut up for bait, since we only got 5 bunker from Bucks place...(they ran out at 4:00 on Friday). Anyway, to my dismay, when I cut open the doggie, she had 4 large (10") pups in her....attached with a chord, and moving around...fully developed. It mad me and Stanley a little sad, obviously. I cut the cords and told my buddy to release them....he said they swam away. Will they live?

Also, that night, we only caught fish on the bunker peices and finger mullet....not even a nibble on the Dogfish chunks. Any thoughts?

That's pretty cool!

Catch one, release four.

Must have felt good to see 'em swimming away.

I don't see why they wouldn't survive, they hunt on their own after birth.

As for the chunks, would have tasted good grilled.

Next decent one, try it.

I definately will....they were FAT filets too!!....it got me thinkin about how they would taste as I put those nice chunks on my hook.

same thing happened to me in early march when I kept a couple, the birds were working the beach that day, I think it was on the newly born doggies. not sure they could live but it was a good try by both of us.

I don't think the dogfish population will be hurt even if they didn't:grommit:, but I would have done the same thing.

You threw back good live bait.... :evil1: