3 posts in this topic

Dirty water lots of weeds and grass, wind mostly west and a little Sw. got out on the sand about 1pm stopped pretty close to the dune crossing (you know fuel and all that!). Soaked two lines one doodle bug with a bunker strip and a 5/0 circle on a standard surf rig on the meat rod with a combo bunker strip/gulp. Lots of grass and man the flies were thick. That's the worst I remember them this early! One bite off on the meat rod. If this SW keeps bringing grass along as it may well, night fishing could be a lot of work.

On another line, I noticed a lot of new constuction in the Federal park around the ranger station, a lot! Now i'm not the "greenest" angler out there but it seems a little counter intuittive, new construction on a barrier island! Then New bike paths, more asphalt (oil) on the surface of a barrier island? Then raise the orv rates and allow an attack(beach closings) on the orv guys in Carolina?! What's up with that!? I realize that parks and park facilities need to be maitained and upgraded but it looks like they are preparing for alot more facilities for "walk on" vistors will the orv side pays the freight!

Even my wife is suspect of this and she is way more level headed then me. FYI, i've been running this beach since 1968 way before I lived down here and i miss the gravel road! Sorry for the rant but I don't get to post much here. I will be (hope to be) drifting in the Mako Sunday. Try to give you a report from that. All the best!:cool:

Capt.CL

Soaked two lines one doodle bug with a bunker strip

What's a doodle bug?

Almost like a fireball rig for bluefish if it's what I'm thinking of....