Guest sewilson66

Fishing the Jupiter, Florida inlet

2 posts in this topic

I'v been reading about the Jupiter Inlet. Does anyone know where to surf fish there, how to get there and what to fish for?

Scott

Welcome to our board Scott!

Jupiter Inlet is a good spot to go.

You could get Sheepshead, Pompano, Blues, Snook, Whiting and a few other species. A good bait box will hold shrimp (live is best), cut or whole live mullet, sometimes squid. I like to liveline bait on a live mullet rig. You can go out on piers on the river and get tons of 'em.

To get to the inlet, head to the south side of the inlet on A1A and turn left into the County Park.

If you want to just do your casting into the ocean, pull straight into the parking lot ahead of you. There is ample parking there.

If you want to toss into the inlet, take the road all the way out to the circle and find a spot to park. Parking can be tough out there but the fishing is pretty good.

Just remember, as with all inlets, you may lose a few rigs on the bottom.

I have found the best time to be on the outgoing in the inlet. Seems the bigger critters lie in wait for stuff to get washed out.

Other nearby areas are Dubois and Lighthouse parks.

If you have a kayak or canoe, up in the sounds are great for the Reds with live shrimp or Redfish Magic spinners.

Hope this helps ya, and have a great time!