59 posts in this topic

Im retarded i see sam did post what he caught with the pics.. sorry at least our inches reported are the same. Sam was telling the truth this time haha. I guess ill have to come here more often so i know how it works :icon_profileright: Sam can you delete my duplicate post i tried and couldnt. thanks

matt

Today from the beach with pop and joined by Sam and his dad later....skates and doggies. Saw a really big fish, none from me. Left Sam fishing. Nice talking with CG and Myles. Nice day wearing shorts with toes in the sand, can't beat it, even without a fish. Cya all on saturday!

clear.gifi pulled up and found a nice spot around 5:30 last night through out a black drum rig made by the assateague tackle guy. it had 2 juicy bloodies on it with hopes of a nice black drum. walked over to the truck rigged up a few 8nbaits. no sooner did i get the 3rd rod in that drum rig was singing. almost took the rod out of the holder. i ran over to it and brought in a 31 inch striper. what a great first cast.

now im not to sure if it was the bloody or the crabs that were eating the bloodies.. when i cleaned the fish its belly was filled with calico crabs. and as the night went on i found that the bloodies were cleaned off in about 5 minutes by crabs.

as the afternoon went along i had a huge hit just before dark. fought it for about 10 minutes. i thought i had the big one.. it was a nice size shark.

i had a few more huge its which i assume was shark or large blues because the leader was cut off clean.

i had one nice hit while putting on the glow stick. but when i went to set the hook it was gone, the hit pulled the tip out of my fingers lol!!!:angry4::blob8::angry4:

all in all a very productive night i would say..

i have found that most of the quality stripers i have caught in the last 3 years have all come at low tide.. :confused: i may be on to something.:confused:

clear.gif

clear.gif

Wow this spring is setting up Nice!

Yeah it is.....I can't wait to get out there tomorrow night.....So is Bloodworms the way to go for black drum? I've never tried for them before.....I got enough rods I may as well throw a couple out for some of them :)

i was a part of a team for the va beach tournament one year and we caught a bunch of them on bloodies just behind the break. so i figured i would try it again up here since i heard of reports of them being in the area this spring. i had them left over from my trip to deal island this past weekend.

Nice...I have about 2 doz left from my trip out onto the bay last weekend....gonna rig 'em up....Hey what's with no write up in the Fish ID section on black drum????