59 posts in this topic

Fishing has been good for snapper blues. Stripers, historically, will start showing any day and peak in the middle of the month and taper off the beginning of June. Still some reports of black drum being caught on the beachfront.

Feel free to post your reports, fish or no fish.

Hit it yesterday to end the worst day ever on a decent note, didn't get a nibble from 6pm-dark. GREAT striper conditions though, good firm SE and clean water...just no fish.

boats suck by the way...

General consensus, have the sunrise or sunset hours been better lately? Dogfish are fine, at least it's pullage and maybe a meal.

After 5 weeks of hammering nails, packing and working, I finally made some time to hit the beach. Only had a few hours to fish. Managed my personal best...she came in at 51" and 46.5 lbs.

Sam joined me later and I left him fishing. Have heard other big fish caught today so they are really starting to show up. Sam I would of stayed but man, I gotta get up around 4am.

maryland-fishing-pictures011.jpg.d6b155c

Dave,

Sam took them with his cell phone. He is still out there fishing.

I assume then that you released her. Nice job. Catch her on the inside of the outer bar?

Dave, I did keep her. Normally I would let a large go but I may only get out a couple more times this coming week and then its back to the grind trying to get this dam house done. Not much fishing for me this spring. I figure odds are, I will not catch another and I like to eat fish.

She was caught just inside of the outer bar, on a mustad 16/0 circle hook I use for sharks with a head. Skates were thick and they just don't get hooked much with that hook...it is huge.

All that hard work, fish couple hours and you get rewarded with fish of a life time. See there is a God. Hey I would have had to keep it also. Haven't eaten fresh Striper since last May. Can't wait for pics. What a Hoss.

Great job Scott, that is probably the first Hoss of the year on the island.

Congrats!!!!

I hope you and Mary Ann had a fantastic dinner tonight!

What time/tide did you get her?

Gawd, it's sounding soooo schweet for fling time.

I want a big dogfish too. Gotta' try it on the grill.

See ya'll next Saturday.

That was one huge freakin' fish, Scott. I'll get pics up tomorrow. Nice job again...

No action after you left. Big doggies after sundown. Both smooth and spiney.

What do you consider big, Sam?

Prolly with pups on board.

Did ya keep any of the big ones for table fare?

Coop...you just got that majic touch man......awesome.

Now the only problem is trying to talk my wife into letting me drive down there tonight or tomorrow.....knowing big boys(i mean girls) are in the surf.

Way to go Scott!!!!!! Waiting on pics.....a beast for sure!

Nice fish Coop!

Did ya break the 1418 in on her????:icon_thumleft:

Quite a fish... These pictures don't do it justice by a long shot. Biggest fish I've ever seen landed on the beach.

maryland-fishing-pictures009.jpg.eb9a514

maryland-fishing-pictures010.jpg.b495630

maryland-fishing-pictures012.jpg.2e5be46

WOW!!!!! Congratulations Scott!!!!!!!!

I am working on comming down on Thursday.....

Sweet, All these fish yesterday are spawned out big time.

Coop that fish was easily a 50 lber prespawn. Even so still looks big in the pic to me Sam. Sitting home cleaning the house and bathrooms. Nothing else I'd rather be doing. :angry8:

House for sale and not even a nibble in 3 weeks.

Hang in there Dave. I hope it all works out for you.

I took my buddy Matt out to Assateague Island for a few hours and it was my Striper Fishing dream evening. Five Stripers at 47", 44" 40", 34", 33".. I forgot my camera and ended up finding my cell phone in the wash.:angry4:

Luckily, Matt had his camera phone, so I have a little proof. An excellent night... All fished released except the 33". Having fresh tomorrow night!

05-05-08_1943.jpg.49db584f9739b4d99408ab

05-05-08_2111.jpg.5ededae7ed4641ac99097c

Nice Fish Sam !! That sucks about the cell phone but maybe you could patent a cell phone lure.

Sam, that is some crazy action!!!! Way to catchem up!! I swear this season is setting up like 2 springs ago.

Way to go Sam!!!!!

I can't wait to get out there this weekend at the fling! Maybe someone will actually catching something this year!