6 posts in this topic

Well, I got my second surf outfit - I hope this doesn' t mean i'm on my way to Gear Acquisitin Syndrome! Ended up with a 12 ft Daiwa Sealine and a Baitrunner 6500. Got 350 yards of 17lb test on that thing! If i ever get spooled, the fish deserves to win!

When I have some more money in the budget, I still want to get a 4500, but for now i have a 3500 to throw lures with and the 6500 seems very balanced on the rod ( but wow is it big :shock: ).

THe sealine is only rated for 4-7 ounces - anyone have any experience how accurate that is with sealines? Anyone have experience with the 12 ft 4-7 oz sealine?

Sounds like a good setup. :v: I hope you get some action soon and report how it works!

Sam - depending on when you get to the outing on the 21st, you may witness its maiden voyage - since outside of my back yard, that may be the first chance I get to use it!

Good luck with your new outfit. Get it at Cabelas :?:

The set up sounds great talk to ya soon about the fling....

Chomper - yep - cabelas. Its 30 minutes from me - any closer and i'd be broke :mrgreen:

Dave - yes, looks like I'll be able to hit it bright and early that day now. We'll talk :v: