11 posts in this topic

Only 1 mo. to go till move back to Maryland. can't wait till get back to some soft clean sand. Here are some pics of my last fishing trip here in TX.

5852a521c57ac_28_in_redfish_from_Gorda_0

5852a521c9563_Matagorda_set_up_04-19-081

Interesting choice for a sinker as I have seen the type you use, but never seen anyone use one in the surf before.

Any advantages to it in TX?

Interesting choice for a sinker as I have seen the type you use, but never seen anyone use one in the surf before.

Most of all my gear came from Bevs bait shop and some at bass pro,but I would not recommend that one it does'nt hold very well in the ruff stuff. The only reason I was using it is that was the only 6 oz. I had left. They don't have good bait stores down here.

I figured it wouldn't, but wanted to ask!

Most of all my gear came from Bevs bait shop and some at bass pro,but I would not recommend that one it does'nt hold very well in the ruff stuff. The only reason I was using it is that was the only 6 oz. I had left. They don't have good bait stores down here.

I used a 4 oz triangle for a LONG time - got it from Rattler - that thing held like an 8 oz. Didn't snag up like a sputnik. He said he got them from ebay - I'll be looking for more. JMHO with all of my immense experience.

BTW, MJ finally lost it for me down at WSJ. :(

I used a 4 oz triangle for a LONG time - got it from Rattler - that thing held like an 8 oz. Didn't snag up like a sputnik. He said he got them from ebay - I'll be looking for more. JMHO with all of my immense experience.

BTW, MJ finally lost it for me down at WSJ. :(

If I ever catch up with you on the beach you can have mine.

Nice looking drum.

Nice looking drum.

here's a nother

5852a52266cc6_35lbsblackdrummatagorda2-0

Beer, nice drummies! What beach is that where you're able to drive on - is that South Padre? How far from Houston is it?

Sorry it took so long to reply.

That beach is Matagorda, not far from Houston I think its about an 1-1.5 hr. drive away. The farther you drive back the less rednecks you will have to deal with.