8 posts in this topic

Guys , I can't begin to tell you how good the fishing has been for the last month in the local rivers . The funny thing is the fact that just now am I starting to see more fishermen out fishing . I've had many a day in the last few weeks where I've been all alone and on biting fish . I've caught untold hundreds of big white perch , catfish , yellow perch and of course many stripers , some that have gone over 37". Surfbass from this board , nailed a 40" yesterday on the Nanticoke while surf fishing at Roaring Point . Bait ? BLOODWORMS . These springtime rock are hungry and will slurp down a bloodworm in a second . I've caught many while fishing for perch on the Wicomico and it's quite a thrill fighting a 20lb zebra on perch tackle ! You guys owe to yourself to try the river deal as there is plenty of pullage and tasty perch for the table

That sounds awesome! Quite the contrary to what I've been doing, nothing. I live about 4 miles from Assateague Island and don't venture into the rivers, never have. I guess I need to learn more about them. Thanks for the info. :mrgreen:

Sam , Give me a call anytime , either at Gander or at home . I'll lern ya ! You guys are really missing the boat as the light tackle fishery right under your nose is eluding you ! In another 2 weeks the rivers will be loaded with big , fat hardhead as well ! I've got access to a private pier where we can slay them ! Give me a shout at 410-334-2677 work or 410-334-6320 home. PS Whats wrong with my penguin slapping ?

Sweet Report. :up: There is an offer ya cant refuse Sam :!:

I love croakers! I usually do well with them in the surf at night on AI. I'll get up with ya soon and we'll head out. My dad absolutely loves fishing for croakers as well, so I'll bring him along.

Your penguin avatar seems to be working OK.

Sam , the penguin is supposed to slap him and he falls in the water . It is malfunctioning when I view it . What should I do ?

It's working on my end. Try right clicking on it and choosing "view image".