10 posts in this topic

Hey,

Is Anyone throwing a net for bait fish yet? I wanna catch some peanut bunker without paying for them but I have heard of no one catching any bait. Also, Has anyone tried A Sabiki rig off Assateague? i am going tomorrow and was curious if anyone had any input on using one from the beach.

Thanks,

Ben

my wife has used Sabiki Rigs in the surf on AI, tipped wth Fish Bites "bloodworms" and has caught Kings(whitting), Spot, Flounder and more in the surf.....:icon_thumleft:

my wife has used Sabiki Rigs in the surf on Assateague Island, tipped wth Fish Bites "bloodworms" and has caught Kings(whitting), Spot, Flounder and more in the surf.....:icon_thumleft:

I dont want to bust anyones bubble but I heard that in MD you cannot use a sabiki rig because it exceeds the number of hooks allowed on one rig. they do work great though. you will probably never get a ticket for it.

Each spring/summer we seem to have this discussion.

A Sabiki Rig IS permitted in Maryland ocean waters if used to harvest bait.

Thats great about the Rigs and yes they are legal. But Today is April 26 and i was wondering if i should try throwing a cast net

I throw one in the fall when the bait is a bit thicker (mullet)!

Never hurts to make a toss here and there. Best bet is up in the creeks for the mud minnows.

i had a net along today but didn't throw .. water is still a little too cold for my toes but it was too nice to wear waders! I threw a sabiki in today off of Assateague with no luck, but we weren't getting bites on anything...

it's always worth a shot to put them out there tho.

Each spring/summer we seem to have this discussion.

A Sabiki Rig IS permitted in Maryland if used to harvest bait.

cool, that leaves me with a question then. I usually dont by sabiki rigs, I usually tie something similar, just with better hooks and leader. is that still allowed? what is the exact regulation?

I throw one in the fall when the bait is a bit thicker (mullet)!

I like using cast nets, mainly because I am good with them. I love that feeling in the fall when I see a purple spot coming down the beach and I am in almost nipple deep surf trying to pull in a net that will barely budge because its full of cob mullet. I think you know exactly what Im talking about.