20 posts in this topic

I didn't see any pictures of the biltz, but man, they do have some good fishing down there. :v:

Looks like some nice fish caught. Is it always that elbow to elbow down there :?: Reminds me of first day of trout up here in PA.

Thanks Derf. Man, that is awesome. Those guys are hard core out there in those breakers. Musta been a blast!

Chomper - off topic, but you aren't kidding. I take a break from trout from april 15-Late may. Just can't stand the crowds - plus i'm a strictly catch and release fly fisherman for trout and it sickens me to see people killing fish with worms and minnows. Funny how it doesn't bother me to use bait in saltwater :?

Looks like some nice fish caught. Is it always that elbow to elbow down there :?: Reminds me of first day of trout up here in PA.

dam thats not even tight yet , ya should see it when the spanish are running :) ; or when the stripers are blitzing

i'm looking for a pic of the' conga line ' with about 30 people in it ...now thats tight

derf

dam thats not even tight yet , ya should see it when the spanish are running :) ; or when the stripers are blitzing

i'm looking for a pic of the' conga line ' with about 30 people in it ...now thats tight

derf

Hi Derf :) That sounds pretty crowded. :shock: Do you fish in those kind of crowds :?:

derf

Hi Derf :) That sounds pretty crowded. :shock: Do you fish in those kind of crowds :?:

it depends........

if the people fishin' aren't a bunch of googins ; i'm fishin'.

if they are googins, i'm havin' a good laugh or movin' down the beach ...

it all depends :) :)

conga line: adj' A fishing term used mainly down in Hatteras when fishing on the beach when the current is really strong and one person casts out and his line drifts with the current. The next person casts out and his line drifts with the current. One after another in a line people cast and walk with their drifting baits. There is a starting point, and a stopping point a few hundred yards or whatever down the beach whereas the angler reels his line in and walks over to the starting point only to do it again. Repeat until fish caught.

Hope that sums it up

Wow, teamwork... and lots of work.

conga line: adj' A fishing term used mainly down in Hatteras when fishing on the beach when the current is really strong and one person casts out and his line drifts with the current. The next person casts out and his line drifts with the current. One after another in a line people cast and walk with their drifting baits. There is a starting point, and a stopping point a few hundred yards or whatever down the beach whereas the angler reels his line in and walks over to the starting point only to do it again. Repeat until fish caught.

Hope that sums it up

Interesting. Thanks man. 8)

Interesting. Thanks man.

to say the least it's interesting :)...

when it's working , it's a thing of beauty ...

when it's not ......it's an ugly mess ...

i don't fish it too often(the point) ; there are just as many fish caught in other places

but sometimes i've caught it at false dawn and had the place to myself :mrgreen:

derf

So, what happens when a fella in the middle of the conga line gets a hook up :?: I can see that becoming a mess. I know when I get a decent hookup, I like my fishin buddy to reel in the lines next to me from our other poles so we dont get all tangled and break off the fish.

most of the time the fish will take off ...

the easiest thing to do is work your line over and under everyone elses till the fish is clear or in ..

thats why i said ..

it depends........

if the people fishin' aren't a bunch of googins ; i'm fishin'.

if they are googins, i'm havin' a good laugh or movin' down the beach ...

it really helps to know whats going on ..

the best thing to do is watch what's happening and how things work before ya just jump in try fishing there ..

when the people who are fishing know what to do and when and how it's a thing of beauty :)

-----------------------------

when i first started going there , i just watched ...

it's amazing ...

ya gotta go see it some time

derf

when the people who are fishing know what to do and when and how it's a thing of beauty :)

it's amazing ...

derf

Im hearing ya now. Sounds like some very orchestrated teamwork. :up: I have the week off between the 22nd and 26th of May. Is that a good time to go down there :?:

Man,,,that has got to be an awsome sight.

it's amazing ...

derf

Im hearing ya now. Sounds like some very orchestrated teamwork. :up: I have the week off between the 22nd and 26th of May. Is that a good time to go down there :?:

yup , ya got a shot at both cobia and drum !!

also spanish & blues ...

Sounds like a road trip coming up.... thanks derf... :)