13 posts in this topic

TODAY

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 7 TO 10 FT DOMINANT PERIOD

9 SECONDS. SHOWERS LIKELY WITH ISOLATED TSTMS.

TONIGHT

E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT DIMINISHING TO 15 TO 20 KT AFTER

MIDNIGHT. SEAS 6 TO 8 FT. DOMINANT PERIOD 8 SECONDS. A CHANCE OF

SHOWERS.

WED

NE WINDS 15 KT. SEAS 6 TO 8 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

ISOLATED TSTMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

WED NIGHT

NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 6 TO 8 FT.

THU

NE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT.

THU NIGHT

E WINDS 5 KT...BECOMING NW AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS

3 TO 5 FT.

FRI

NE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

SAT

NE WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.

At least there is some "E" mixed in there. Could be worse...

I think it doesnt matter about the east, the north just totally messes it up. I have only heard of like 25 drum caught this year! last years leader who caught 99 (i think) last spring has only caught 4 this year and from what I understand he has fished more than 25 days. they are already catching drum up in Virginia. we need south wind to get things going. this sucks.

That forcast looks like something out of the deadliest catch!

I think it doesnt matter about the east, the north just totally messes it up. I have only heard of like 25 drum caught this year! last years leader who caught 99 (i think) last spring has only caught 4 this year and from what I understand he has fished more than 25 days. they are already catching drum up in Virginia. we need south wind to get things going. this sucks.

Fished Ocracoke this past weekend and wind/weather were right, but not enough time for the water temps to recover from earlier in the week.

You watch, the birds will land and close the beach and the weather will be perfect for fishing! :angryfire:

Fished Ocracoke this past weekend and wind/weather were right, but not enough time for the water temps to recover from earlier in the week.

You watch, the birds will land and close the beach and the weather will be perfect for fishing! :angryfire:

thats exactly whats been going on. a day of SW10-15 is almost useless after 5 days of N20-25. we need the sw to be sustained wind for several days. someone told me the water temp when they took it was 59 over the weekend. you can catch fish in that but it isnt optimal to get things movin.

next week looks to make up for the crappy spring, man there should be some bigguns on the beach!!! Plan to get out myself actually.

Looks like it could turn on any time now when I last looked at rutgers!

Figures I'm a week short!

well, things didnt go according to forcast (whats new). the winds have shifted, the temps have risen, and there are big blues in the south. I heard a buddy of mine caught 15 in a day. I actually caught some fish yesterday. I walked out on the pier and I swear the sea mullet were blitzing, and of all places, off the very end. one guy caught almost 100 in most of the day. he filled up his cooler, left to clean those, then came back and filled it up again. I used someone elses rod for a hour and a half and I caught 1 puffer, 1 blue, 1 grey trout, and 13 sea mullet (yummy).

hope to finally get out Thursday if the forecast holds...

hope to finally get out Thursday if the forecast holds...

where ya headin?

in case you dont know the hearing with the judge is on wednesday. you should check if there is still access before you come down