8 posts in this topic

With the warm up last week the pond fishing in Maryland really picked up. My wife got a 7lb largemouth bass this past Friday and lots of bass in the 12-19" range. Five-day warming trend combined with a stable weather pattern and almost a full moon made for some great fishing. The bass were hitting everything that moved. Sorry I forgot my camera. I don't think my wife will every forgive me for not getting a pic.:angry4:

Should be some good white shad fishing now.

Anyone with a recent Conowingo report?

Thanks,

Jay

Nice job, Jay. Nice to see ya getting out!:hello:

Howdy Sam,

Yeah it has been a slow start this year and I had to cancel my April Hatteras trip due to the ORV access problems.

I plan to do an Assateague trip the weekend of May 3rd.

I look forward to seeing you out there.

Tight lines,

Jay

With the warm up last week the pond fishing in Maryland really picked up. My wife got a 7lb largemouth bass this past Friday and lots of bass in the 12-19" range. Five-day warming trend combined with a stable weather pattern and almost a full moon made for some great fishing. The bass were hitting everything that moved. Sorry I forgot my camera. I don't think my wife will every forgive me for not getting a pic.:angry4:

Should be some good white shad fishing now.

Anyone with a recent Conowingo report?

Thanks,

Jay

saw on another site the shad are heavy at Conowingo

7lb Largemouth:happy2:nice catch:icon_thumright: all the freshwater stuff should be breaking loose soon, heard a new MD state record White Perch was caught last week too:icon_thumleft:

Wow, I didn't even know they kept records for white perch.....

Well I fished Conowingo dam yesterday and it was a no go.

I caught two white shad in 5-hours of fishing. Got there at first light and they were only running the gates in the middle of the dam which caused a big eddy by the shore. Tons of big mud shad and carp were working the shoreline and not much else. The hickory shad fishing has been good in Deer Creek, but no one has seen many white shad or hickory shad at the dam yet. That was suprising because the water was 64 degrees.

I guess that report was just a tackle shop trying to sell some stuff.

Maybe next week?

Well I guess I missed the spot and the time frame.

I see that these guys were further down stream away from the shore eddy created by the dam gates and that they fished in the evening instead of the morning.

I did see a few folks catching hickories down stream, but they were not exactly tearing them up. My guess in that there was an intial push of fish came up with the full moon tides, but they sure seemed to have dispersed by Wednesday.

Oh well, I guess I need to try the evening bite.