8 posts in this topic

I can't find the answer online.

My Assateague Island OSV sticker says "July", so when does it expire, July 1st or July 31st? :icon_scratch:

Have looked everywhere for an answer, just not doing any good this evening.

Thanks, :icon_pray:

The Greenhorn

It will expire on July 31st. You're good through the entire month. The annual pass though is different though. It's from January 1st to December 31st, regardless of when you purchase it.

It will expire on July 31st. You're good through the entire month. The annual pass though is different though. It's from January 1st to December 31st, regardless of when you purchase it.

GOOD DEAL!! I'll see ya the week of July 12th to 19th.

I've got a National Park pass, so that's not a problem. Thanks a bunch!! :icon_thumleft:

The Greenhorn

The annual Assateague gate pass is good for 12 calender months, no matter what month it was purchased. This pass will activate the gate allowing you to bypass the tourists waiting in line to pay.

The National pass will not open the gate, you have to wait in line.

Obviously, the Assateague pass is good only at Assateague Island. National pass, all parks.

I have had both passes in the past because I didn't want to wait in line but still wanted the National for the others. I have found that I personally need only the National because I don't hit the island when there is a line at the gate. Heck, most of the time the booth isn't even open yet.

Adjust your need accordingly.

*added* The annual national pass goes from 01/01 to 12/31, no partial pay.

Good point Steve,

Thanks for the tip!!

The Greenhorn

The annual Assateague gate pass is good for 12 calender months, no matter what month it was purchased. This pass will activate the gate allowing you to bypass the tourists waiting in line to pay.

The National pass will not open the gate, you have to wait in line.

Obviously, the Assateague pass is good only at Assateague Island. National pass, all parks.

I have had both passes in the past because I didn't want to wait in line but still wanted the National for the others. I have found that I personally need only the National because I don't hit the island when there is a line at the gate. Heck, most of the time the booth isn't even open yet.

Adjust your need accordingly.

Yep! if you time it right you can essentially get 13 months out of the OSV permit.

The gate permit is good January 1 till Dec 31st, no matter what time of year you buy it.

The gate permit is good January 1 till Dec 31st, no matter what time of year you buy it.

Jim, do you mean the one that is good only at AI?

The one that raises the gate?

If so, then uh-ooh....

Last one I bought in 07/06 opened the gate in the spring of '07.

Bought the national in Feb '07 so I was covered anyway.

Jim, do you mean the one that is good only at Assateague Island?

The one that raises the gate?

If so, then uh-ooh....

Last one I bought in 07/06 opened the gate in the spring of '07.

Bought the national in Feb '07 so I was covered anyway.

Yep, the one that only works at AI to lift the gate. According to the website its only good for the calender year in which it was purchased.