25 posts in this topic

For the puck heads out there, the first team to move to the second round is.... THE PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!! sweeping Ottowa with a sweet vengance after the spanking they took from the same Sens last year in the first round(no bias here:evil6:). Elsewhere looks like Montreal, New York, have their series well in hand. The Flyers are playing thier brand of dirty hockey as always and have figured out if you beat up on Ovetchkin and just keep knocking down the goalie you can stomp on the Caps, so smart money says they advance as well. Gotta give props to Biron in net for the Flyers though, That puck he took in the head last night was a rocket and he just shook it off. In the west it looks like everyone is tied up at 2 games a piece...Haven't looked at the west stats tonight yet.

great run down... we listened to the Pens game last night as we were driving through North Carolina... I can't tell you how relieved I was when they waived off the second goal by the senators.. and now that the Pens swept them I don't have to worry about finding a sports bar in FL that has the hockey games for Jimmy....

GO PENS!!!!

images.jpg.9f7feec8e0a4dcb575aa752b5f98b

Dirty hockey? why you say that its the playoffs I have seen alot of the goalies getting knock down what about the bs that THE RANGERS was doing in front devils goalie. the stuff happens when they are trying to screen the goalie or going to the net hard for a shot.ITS THE PLAYOFFS!:boxing: LETS GO FLYERS !

"Dirty hockey"?

What a joke.

How many players did they Flyers have suspeneded this year... what we are seeing is playoff hockey so they just aren't calling as much. The simple fact is if you don't have the talent you have to play dirty hockey....

This coming from the guy who sat thru the steeler's last playoff game yelling about how it's all fixed.....

Gimme a break, bro.

This coming from the guy who sat thru the steeler's last playoff game yelling about how it's all fixed.....

Gimme a break, bro.

football is fixed.... thats why I normally don't watch it. and what i meant by them not calling everything is that in play off hockey they try to let the game flow....

Dirty hockey like Semin cross checking Richards in the face?

Did you see the second to last Pens/Flyers game? The Pens played dirty all night. Why not complain about that?

How many Flyers games did you watch Igor? Not many, I'm sure.

Downie did take a cheap shot and got suspended. The other suspensions were completely BOGUS. Bergeron turned at the last minute, was Jones supposed to sprout wings and fly away?

Maybe if you actually watched the Flyers, you would not have made that comment.

Dirty hockey like Semin cross checking Richards in the face?

Did you see the second to last Pens/Flyers game? The Pens played dirty all night. Why not complain about those?

How many Flyers games did you watch Igor? Not many, I'm sure.

Downie did take a cheap shot and got suspended. The other suspensions were completely BOGUS. Bergeron turned at the last minute, was Jones supposed to sprout wings and fly away?

Maybe if you actually watched the Flyers, you would not have made that comment.

Number two power play = no "talent"?

Lead the league in 20 goal scorers = no "talent"?

Shutting down the best player in the world = no "talent"?

Ahhh I love this time of year, now if only my Canes didn't choke the last week of the Regular Season.

Penguins looking good and let's see what happens in Detroit tonight right Bucket!:cwm21: Does the Prez Cup Jinx stay alive for the Red Wings????

Think I may have pushed some buttons.... always easy to do with Flyer fans :eusa_dance: In all seriousness I am probably one of the least biased hockey fans out there, and as long as they are not playing the Pens or the outcome of thier game doesn't negatively affect the Pens, I actually like the Flyers, and I watch quite a few Flyer games through out the year. Now with a name like "Broad Street Bullies" you have got to accept a little chidding about playing dirty hockey, and even some of my best friends, who bleed black and orange, admit that they have been playing some dirty hockey as of late. Now I don't think they have "shut down" Crosby or Malkin stymied a bit maybe (I hate Ovetchkin and won't call him #1 even though he is good) and if you mean cross checking to the back of the neck shutting down then ok they did shut Ovetchkin down a number of times.

But seriously I love hockey and if there wasn't the hard hitting physical play it wouldn't be as much fun. Everyone takes some cheap shots, and everyone embelishes sometimes, the Flyers have just been in the spotlight more for it, so its easy to bust on them.

anyone who watches hockey and doesn't think the flyers play a dirty game is in denial.

Sure there are some teams that have a dirty game every once in awhile, but with the flyers its almost every game. Esp when they are losing, its becomes a circus playing them.

The worst part about it, is when they do lose, all they do is cry and whine about it. Oh the refs didn't call anything, oh he didn't deserve his suspension because it was the other players fault.

Take off the homer glasses and learn to admit the faults of your team and then we can talk!

Ok Here We Go its the Conference finals!!!! And I have to say in the East if the Flyers and stay out of the box they have a chance, otherwise The Pens are headed on to face the West. Who has a shot on the other side of the old Miss not sure both Dallas and Detroit are great teams, but the Wings came out strong in game one. I am really looking forward to tonight's game one.... My predictions in the East: Pens in 7 in the West: Dallas in 7 I think both series are going to go the full tilt.

Pens in 5 (esp with Timonen hurt) Detroit in 6

I have a feeling the Flyers are going to get into a run and gun game with the Pens and they aren't going to win that.

If the flyers D can step up and keep this series very tight defensively they have a chance.

A little bit late jumpin' in here on this thread. However, I do appreciate Dixie covering my loyalties earlier :icon_syda:

I haven't been this excited since I was at game three of the 2002 Stanley Cup finals in Raleigh where we beat Dixie's `Canes in triple OT to go on an win "the Cup" :boxing:

Now were up 1-0 on Big D. Just want to see my Wings finish'em off clean and face Crosby & Co. for the title :happy2:

Red Wing `bucket

Let's make like Gordie Howe and get the puck outta here :bootyshake:

well it looks like I am dead wrong about the West.....I would have thought Dallas was going to show up.... but guess not... Tonight will tell the tale in the East if the Flyers can get going at home then they might push a few more games out of it, but my boys are taking advantage of a seriously wounded Flyer team. Losing Timmonen was bad but losing Coburn is like the last nail in the coffin.... I don't think they can pull through this one... especially since we have shut down Brierre

Two Gooseeggs in Osgood's basket!

Does Pittsburgh show up in the igloo or does Detroit sweep????

I think this will go to Detroit and ultimately make the Pens a better team to beat in the future. Kinda of a torch passing!

I wouldn't give up on the Pens just yet. They win tonight and its 2 -1 with the next game in Pittsburgh.

They key to this series is if the Pens can win just 1 game in Detroit, either game 5 or 7.

After watching the first period tonight the pens look like a different team, they are confident and carrying the puck through the neutral zone instead of playing dump and chase (giving it to the wings)

After watching the first period tonight the pens look like a different team, they are confident and carrying the puck through the neutral zone instead of playing dump and chase (giving it to the wings)

Detroit controlled the 1st 15 minutes then the Pens flipped a switch !!!! Wings are lucky they got out of the period only down 1-0 after the last minute when they fell asleep at the wheel! They should be :icon_scratch: right now saying what happened!!!

Well Pens kept it turned on the whole 2nd period! The Franzen goal was a beauty though..... Although I thought holmstrom took a nice dive to get the wings on that PP.

This will be an awesome 3rd period no matter what happens.

Well the Pens pulled out a win, thats at least 1 better than the Caps or Flyers did against Detroit in the finals!

That was one of the best games I ever watched, I can't wait for Saturday night for game 4!

Gonna be really hard to win 3 of 4 from Detroit with two at Detroit.

Pens played hard last night, but Detroit winning without the Big H was huge!!!!

WOW....34 seconds from a cup and 3 ot's later a loss!:confused:

Series just got intense again!:blob8:

Congrats to the

RED WINGS

I know Bucket's a happy camper after he probably broke the TV on Monday night!

Good series, I think the Penguins will be back there next year as well!