6 posts in this topic

The Ocean City Surf Anglers Club is holding their 26th Annual Mid Atlantic Surf Fishing Tournament on October 5, 6, 7, 2005. The fishing is held on the beaches of Ocean City and only the participants are allowed to drive on the beach. This is the only time 4x4s are permitted on the beach. The tournament is a 6 person team endeavor. Entrance fee is $270.00 per team. At this time there are a few openings left. Anyone interested in entering call Beverly Fleming at 410 213-9365.

Hello Bev,

We are comming back for the 26th time to fish in the OC tournament. As far as I know we are the only original team from 1979, and we still have three of our original members.

I will also try to locate the large glossy photo from the first tournament that I promised you. I think you will find it interesting.

Times were different then with less than 35 teams and there were lots of blue fish of all sizes. That was the only tournament were I was lucky enough to score 404 points. The fish were everywhere.

We had the famous Bill Burton covering the event and doing personal interviews with the winners and participants. I also recall that those were the days when we had beer sponsers and we did not have to worry about expensive insurance coverage.

If I recall correctly the Shop Keepers took first, we took second and I think Paul's Tackle Shop took third.

Thanks to you and Terry for all of your help through the years.

See you-all next week!

Jay Blair:

Capt of the Joint Venture Fishing Team

I'll be there with digital camera in hand. I plan on doing some interview for the site and covering it on the radio 101.1 FM (WQMR). It should be a great time.

Howdy Sam,

It will be nice to have some coverage this year.

It has been a few years since we placed in the top three, however we usually place if we get one good beach section.

We look forward to seeing you out there and if you see a new white 4Runner with a GR rack on the front, stop by and say hello.

If you are at the Captains meeting I would be happy to meet you there as well. Look for the guy with the Joint Venture hat.

Jay