8 posts in this topic

FINALLY!

Weather, work and water temps aligned for me and I got out fishing this afternoon.

Had the place all to myself and started off by landing a 16.5" flounder which was tagged and released. Flounder hit a red jig head with a 4" Berkley Gulp Alive Chartreuse swimming minnow.

After that landed a few 1 1/2 pound blues and tossed em back, then got bit off several times as well. Switched to some 4" storms and the blues had them for dinner as well.

Saw a decent amount of blues landed as I went cold later in the evening, and saw another flounder as well. Still awaiting the trout!

Too bad the weather goes south again tomorrow as the water temp was between 56-58 tonight when I was fishing!

Glad to get the skunk off, and start getting back at it again!

FINALLY!

Weather, and water temps aligned for me and I got out fishing this evening.

Had the place all to ourself, Kevin and I and started off by landing a 16.5" flounder which was tagged and released. Flounder hit a red jig head with a 4" Berkley Gulp Alive Chartreuse swimming minnow.Then I tagged and released a 14 flattie

After that landed a 1 1/2 pound blues and tossed em back, then got bit off several times as well. Switched to some 4" storms and the blues had them for dinner as well.

Saw a decent amount of flounder as well.

Still awaiting the trout!

Too bad the weather goes south again tomorrow as the water temp was between 56-58 tonight when I was fishing!

Glad to get the skunk off, and start getting back at it again! My first trip from the shore this year-

DISCLAIMER::: I did NOT fish near Dixie.....I was 25 miles south of his location and we each had no idea the other was fishing at the time.......we live in Parallel Universes

I got skunked fishing in the a.m. where Jamie fished in the p.m.

I got skunked in the p.m. - probably about 100 yards from Dixie. But MJ liked fishing where we were. Good to hear there were some fish somewhere, I might catch one this month. :confused3:

Back at it again this evening as the storms passed.

Winds was blowing in my face pretty stiff, so I only lasted about 45 minutes. did pick up another 1 1/2# Blue and a nice Fat 18-20"trout!!!

Almost kept the trout for a nice Sunday sandwich , ended up releasing everything!

4" Pinfish storm slow on the bottom!

Nice work Dixie!!! Maybe after this storm passes throught the fishing will pick up where you were.

Thnx for the call last nite Steve, I am headed back down among the tourons to see if the yellow eyed demons are snapp'n as soon as I get my shoes on............

Tried again tonight, but nothing.

Had one bump and saw 2 small blues caught!

N & NE Winds will slow it down the next few days is my guess!

not much at the rail, the yackers did pretty good......guess i am going to have to get the jon boat salty.........we left rudee at 0900 and went up to the Nottaway and hunted schroooms