16 posts in this topic

Hi! everyone. I'm finally hearing of a few fish. Flounder have shown up in the bay between Fronteir Town and the Assateague bridge. In the surf at Assateague Island today George Trout of Millsboro caught three Rockfish all about 12" on bloodworms. Also a flounder was caught in the surf this week. Soon some blackdrum should be showing. We have fresh bunker , live bloodworms and live minnows.

Shanan

Hi I finally got the picture from my cell phone George sent me. Proof of his Rockfish. Congrats George!!!

GeorgeTrout041108.jpg.bf153a3239f80a0ab9

When surf fishing w/ bloodworms for Rock, what type of rig / hook size is used?

Should I use a bottom rig? Cast far/med/short?

I usually use cut bunker on fish finder when I surf fishing. Would you put a blood worm on that too?

Thanks

Bloodworms tend to work a touch better in the spring!

Go ahead and put a meaty piece of bllod on a fish finder and your all good!

Hi!! Everyone:hello:

Flounder have been hitting in the Thoroughfare and South of Frontiertown in the bays. A couple of small rockfish were caught in the surf this week. My bait man has had croaker and kingfish in his nets. We have fresh bunker from yesterday and will be getting more tomarrow. I have live bloodworms, minnows and fishbites.

Thanks

Shanan

Hi!!! everyone:hello:

Yesterday Diane Smack caught a BlackDrum 15" and Calvin Smack caught a Rockfish 27" in the surf. They are still catching flounder in the bay south of Frontier Town. We received plenty of fresh bunker today for the rest of the weekend. Fishbites is a huge bait of choice. Good luck fishing .

Thanks

Shanan

It's nice to hear of a black drum already. Might have a early run this year?

Hi!!!! Everyone:hello:

Kingfish were caught in the surf with live bloodworms and Fishbite bloodworms on the same hook Bobby had two on at a time. A few Bluefish were caught on fresh bunker and it was nice to see a few Blackdrum showing up.

Thanks

Shanan

Hi!!!! Everyone:hello:

Kingfish were caught in the surf with live bloodworms and Fishbite bloodworms on the same hook Bobby had two on at a time. A few Bluefish were caught on fresh bunker and it was nice to see a few Blackdrum showing up.

Thanks

Shanan

Was this the Va or MD side of the island?

The Kingfish were in Maryland. Today Bluefish were caught on frozen mullet and bunker 18" to 20" then they jumped to 34" I have some nice pictures I'll try to get them posted tomarrow my camera is at the store. :fish:Fresh Bunker should be in by 10am tomarrow and I should have chowder clams for the weekend. Live Bloodworms are good for the Rockfish this time of the year. We are open at 6am Mon-Sat and 7am on Sun . Our evening hours are Closeing at 8pm Mon-Thur and 10pm Fri-Sat, and 7pm Sun. Evening hours will get later quickly i'm sure.

Thank you

Shanan:icon_wink:

On a different note i'm asking prayer for my Aunt Diane Pace she lives near Annapolis MD. She had a stroke a week ago and things don't look very good she's still in a coma.

Thank you again

Shanan:angel7:

Hi!!! Everyone:hello:

Here is the picture of John's 34" bluefish yesterday

042308AIjohn.jpg.5fdbe29e4acce71fe768294

We did receive fresh bunker today

Thanks

Shanan

Today in the surf Brent Littleton of Berlin AMSA #621

Flounder 21" 3lbs caught on bunker outgoing tide around noon today

brent042408.JPG.105e5176c1bb31c17549e7b0

Hi!!! Everyone:hello:

Fishing had been pretty good . Flounder fishing has been real good on 04/24/08 Peter and Alicen Elliott and Mom and Dad caught 4 flounder 18" to 19" - 2 to 2 3/4lbs and 2 bluefish 19" to 19 1/2" - 2 to 2 1/4lbs on live minnows near OC airport. In the surf 04/25/08 Jay Sivertsen of Piney PT, MD caught a Rockfish 36", 16 1/2lbs. and 17" girth on fishbites bloodworms. In the surf 04/26/08 Chad Foster of Washington, DC caught a Rockfish 33", 13lbs on bunker. I've heard of sharks and skates also.

Thanks

Shanan

petali042408.JPG.bfa489a57a36a616fbc5877

jay042508.JPG.369c931ae22080fe5cc253c1d2

chadfoster042608.JPG.86d99688efe57964384

That ought to do it...trickle for the next 7 days and then it should start to light up. Spawning is through in the CB.