15 posts in this topic

Hopefully as we head into April, a few fish will start showing. Feel free to poat your reports here, fish or no fish.

Woo Hoo! You know its going to start getting good when we go to Bi Monthly fishing reports. I can't wait for the weekly's!!!!

Went to the O.C. pier Friday Night with my son and caught 14 doggies between 2 @ 3 feet. Saturday went at noon and and caught 12 doggies in under an hour, went back at 7pm and caught another 13. We got our bait at John Henry's, the bunker was fresh from the boat. Glad to see John has opened for the season. Just the week-ends for now. I am going to try live eels this week, does anyone have experience with eels????

Fished a couple of hours on the 10th without so much as a nibble on fresh bunker. A couple of groups of terns were working the water just beyond the outer bar diving repeatedly into the water. Hopefully whatever they were feeding over will find their way into the inner slough.

Fished AI today in the fog.... water temp 44. It was nice got a chance to blow the winter stink off. Had some pullage as well. Caught some nice skates, and one 4'+ spiny dogfish....

Fished Assateague fri-sun. Caught three small 12-14" stripers on bloodworms on friday, Saturday could not hold bottom with 14 oz but at least the fridge in the camper had some cold coors light to ease the misery. Sunday was nice and warm early and had a quick tussle with a doggie then the wind came around to the east again and only other thing I caught was about 30 pounds of sea weed. But it was a start.

skunko on the Susquehanna yesterday, big fish up there though and in growing numbers, I'd hang up my beach sticks til the 1st if I was you guys.

Cant catch em with the rods in the corner of the garage Chark, The things have to eat sometime and I want to have a bait on the dinner table when they decide when that time is. LOL

Cant catch em with the rods in the corner of the garage Chark, The things have to eat sometime and I want to have a bait on the dinner table when they decide when that time is. LOL

I am sure he meant wait till may to fish for the big ones on AI. They are still thick in the flats, hence not at AI yet.

big ones is an understatement, never seen so many 50+'s and stories of getting spooled and broke off. Can't wait to go back.

Whats up with the bluefish???? They seem to be late this year. Should be something happening soon, no?

Whats up with the bluefish???? They seem to be late this year. Should be something happening soon, no?

I have heard of some small blues being caught in the inlets (oc and IRI) so it shouldn't be too long off for the chompers to get here.