13 posts in this topic

Started off the day by picking up some sinkers and lead from Shooter and Catman32. Had some breakfast at Cracker Barrel, then off to Bass Pro next door to pick up some shades and a spool of line.

On the way back home, stopped by The Spit and fished for a bit, but all grassed up and a ripping tide produced nothing! :confused: Gotta be turning around here soon!!!

Back home, grab my new 3-5oz CTS Blank that just got finished being built and slapped on my new ABU 6500 Hi Speed Mag and hit the casting field with Bucket.

Took a few casts, then back all the way off the mag setting and let her eat with 5oz. Cast ended up at 160 yards and backed it up with a 159 yard cast. If I would have casted straight, probably would have been a touch longer. Good for me, I got her dialed in like I want for now!

:blob1:

Bucket got a 155 and 152 yard cast (8oz) with his AFAW Beach and Saltist 30 and Torium 14 so off we walked pretty satisfied with our casting for the day.

Back at my pad, we just got done pouring some 8 & 10oz sinkers and downing a few Hineken lights!

Nice day, just wished the wind had been a bit lighter and I would have headed south!

As the crow flies, you hit 500 feet (167 yards) with that one cast easy :book1: The CTS rods are the lightest weight long casting blanks that I know of.

Still like my AFAW, just a bit much to handle. However a 155 yards w/my Saltist rigged to fish ~ 17lb running line, tied to my extra long fishin' 50lb shocker with an 8oz ain't half bad :glasses2:

The Toruim 14 surpised me as well such that I'm goinna step down from the 17lb BBG to the 15lb Ande or go braid back. As discussed, you really want to lite that CTS-ABU mag Elite combo up for more distance go for 100yds of 20lb braid back and 12-14lb mono on top and oh yeah take some brakes out :tongue:

Good castin' practice today and yes it makes a difference come game time ~ last drum I caught (along with some others before) were due to being able to go long :icon_rr:

8&bait `bucket

nice job girls ! I need soem sinkers too......make me some, I have 100's and 100's of pounds of nice clean soft lead ready to be poured.....lets deal -

nice job girls ! I need soem sinkers too......make me some, I have 100's and 100's of pounds of nice clean soft lead ready to be poured.....lets deal -

10-4 J!

We will have a lead party here soon when Bucket gets back from Arizona!

Warsteiner dark!:icon_pidu:

Damn right!! I love that beer. I'll even bring some water for J.

Plus, you can give me some advise on what type of 10' conventional setup I can buy. I have a $100 gift cert. to use at ocean's east and they are having their sale in a couple weeks.

Plus, you can give me some advise on what type of 10' conventional setup I can buy. I have a $100 gift cert. to use at ocean's east and they are having their sale in a couple weeks.

So you want to come to the Dark side do you!!!! We will get you hooked up!

What do you want to be able to throw?? 3-5oz, 6-8oz, 6-10oz?

Just trying to gauge what your looking at....

who said I was coming to any lead party ?

I was in OE2 yesterday and they have more of those purtty red 6500 mags in stock. When is the sale? I will have to check it out.

I was in OE2 yesterday and they have more of those purtty red 6500 mags in stock. When is the sale? I will have to check it out.

Sale starts in about 2 weeks or so.

Steve,

Well, I already have a 11.5' heaver for 8 and bait. I also have a 9' spin, but not sure off the top of my head what it's rated for. I was thinking something that could throw 6 oz. easy, but I am up for any suggestions.

Nuttin on the 7000 Mags yet???

Nuttin on the 7000 Mags yet???

I found out they are made in CHINA:cussing::cussing:and not Sweden. They sure missed the boat on this one. I'm not even interested in it anymore. Think I will just hold out for another 7500 C3CT