7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a Local teenager and I sell Spot and Mullet in the summer. I sell for half the price of the Marinas, which is around One Dollar. I always have several dozen Spot in a holding Tank and will come to you to sell. You can Contact me on this website.

Thanks,

Ben Mumford

A young entrepreneur, however since you are advertising, you may want to consider that you are selling bait, and there may be a license requirement, as well as quotas. I tried to look around the Maryland DNR site but haven't found anything yet. I'll keep looking....don't get me wrong, I want you to make money, however I'd hate to see you pay more in fines than you could make in a summer....just some thoughts...

I would just be careful where you get the bait you are selling. Unless you have a commercial fishing license you are not allowed to sell anything you catch in MD waters.

I had never considered that but any information about licensing would be greatly appreciated. Like the gentleman who posted before me, I have looked and found nothing on the subject.

I had never considered that but any information about licensing would be greatly appreciated. Like the gentleman who posted before me, I have looked and found nothing on the subject.

A call to the DNR would be a good start.

yeah, that would be my first effort......Honestly I would assume (said lightly) that you need a commercial license to sell bait....who knows...it may be cheap enough and easy enough that you still make a profit and do it legally.....go for it....I'm always looking for live spot when the big blues and stripers are around.

I've read the thread and I would consider a call to DNR. I would assume that there is probably an income level you need to hit to considered a commercial business. Best of luck.