9 posts in this topic

I am thinking of purchasing a thule roof mount system for the top of the truck.

It may have been beat to death but::

What is the part number for holder for the surf poles that look like a snow ski holder or is there a better holder for surf poles on the rack?

What have you found to be easy, quick and durable?

Best and cheapest place to buy?

Thanks, end of quiz,

I had Yak's on my Explorer and not 1 bit of trouble

I have the Yakima system on my Liberty with a small powderhound to hold the rods. Works Awesome, it was the best investment for my Jeep.

I am sure the thule equivalent would be just as good. Its like comparing ford to chevy.

I have thule rack, and barcrafter ski rack.... they all work.... You just have to get the proper fit clip. I have a yamika yak rack, a barcrafter ski rack all on thule bar.....

I have the castaway model and am scouring the planet to find a second. They were discontinued, ebay is the only place to find one these days it seems.

Also, be sure to look on ebay for your ski racks, lots for under $10+shipping right now.

I have the castaway model and am scouring the planet to find a second. They were discontinued, ebay is the only place to find one these days it seems.

Also, be sure to look on ebay for your ski racks, lots for under $10+shipping right now.

Enclosure that the reels fit in is great. I wanted to ask you about that on Saturday - is that rack a ski rack or specific fishing rack? That enclosure would certainly help minimize the sand blasting effect when you are driving.

Thule make's 3 different sizes of the ski racks.The part numbers are 724, 725, and 726. I have the 725 on the top of my truck and carry up to 6 surf rods with reels, make sure you also get the locks. check out ebay!