Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sam

The FLU

12 posts in this topic

I was up all night with the flu. Anyone else had it? How long does it last? :?

nothing a day fishing can't fix :wink:

:idea: lets see....1 shot of JD in a cup of "HOT" Earl Grey Tea helps Meee 8)

no really for me, rest has always been the best medicine :)

Funny you should mention it - both my kids had the flu for the past two days - getting better today though. I m afraid its not limited to you folks down south...

Man, that stinks, hope you feel better.

hope ya feel better Sam and thanks for the bunker got alot more skate with it :)

No problem David. I knew it would go to a good home. :-)

I hope you had a good time out there with all your pals. :up:

well they showed up later in the day by that time I was wind whipped...

Sam , I had the first documented case of influenza in Wicomico County this year . It slayed me ! I thought I was getting better when it put me down for the count ! I missed a total of 9 days of work and it progressed into pneumonia ! . The bad thing was that it was during that beautiful weather we had a few weeks back and I couldn't even drag myself out of bed to wet a line ! I finally got out the day before I could go back to work and had my first banner day of perch fishing . All I can tell you is don't push it . It will come back and bite you in the a$$ . I lost 12 lbs in about 7 days as I had no appetite what so ever . Drink lots of fluids but stay away from the booze even though it might make you feel a little better . I hope you get well soon and look forward to wetting a line with you . :|

Seabass, thanks for the post. I really appreciate your thoughts. My wife & 2 year old daughter have had it over the past 2 weeks and they have been fighting it on and off. I think you are right about not pushing it. I'm just going to sit back and drink ice tea and chicken soup. I am feeling better today, but still not doing anything but sitting here, watching movies and taking naps. :nurse:

Yes. Yesterday I felt about 70% back to normal. Today seems pretty good so far... Not pushing it though. Carrie had it and when she felt better, pushed herself a little too hard and had a relapse worse than the first time. I think I'm going to take it easy today and then back to normal tomorrow. We'll see... Thanks for asking :-)