5 posts in this topic

Hey hey!

I just started fishing about 2 years ago with my boyfriend. He's been fishing his whole life, and got me hooked (no pun intended). :eusa_dance:

Anyways, I am suprising him with a Memorial Day vacation, and want to charter a boat to take him fishing. We live about 5 minutes away from the flats on the Susquehanna in the Chesapeake Bay, and have a jon boat, and started striper fishing last year. This is our first full season doing it, but I was thinking I could charter a boat to take him striper fishing in Delaware (Bethany Beach). My hangup is there are two charter trips I think he'd like. The first is obviously 4 hr. trip of Striper fishing. The second is 4 hr. trip for Bottom Fishing/wreck. They're the same price.

Which one would you all pick? :confused: I'm torn--we could go striper fishing anytime, but at the same time, we havne't been that often yet...and we really enjoy it. We've never been bottom/wreck fishing--I'm not sure what that consists of, and I'm not experienced enough to make this decision. :dontknow:

Any and all input would be appreciated!

that time of May should be damn near perfect for a DE striper trip, most of the large ones will be off the flats so you wouldn't be getting them at home anyhow.

As a side note, get out on the flats soon...it's heating up.

I'd take the striper trip too. Even though you can striper fish anytime you want to, you can learn alot from the captain on the boat...so if you think you prefer striper fishing over bottom/wreck fishing, go with the striper trip...you can pick up some great experience, and knowledge from the guide your paying.....then hit the same areas with your own boat..or apply a technique you used/learned on your charter, to your home waters.....

to be honest....if there's a boat and some nice weather....it's already a great gift idea....doesn't matter what your fishing for.

:director:yeah, I agree...do the Striper trip:glasses2:......May's a tad early for GOOD wreck fisih':clock: