6 posts in this topic

I am going to be in the market for a new pair of lightweight and heavy weight waders for surf fishing. I need some opinions on personal experiences.

Thanks!

My next pair of waders are going to be LL Bean.

You can't beat the lifetime warranty that comes with them and they won't break the bank.

I would just stick with a breathable pair of lightweights. You can always put a nice base layer of fleece on under them if preparing for the cold.

I don't think its worth spending money on a whole other set of waders just to use a few times when it gets really cold out.

Had Orvis Silver Label II - loved 'em but the dang boots kept splitting. Customer service was great but I got tired of fishin' with cold, wet feet. After the third pair I asked for my money back & got some Beans. So far so good but it's only been a year. Gander sells some cheap boot foot breatheables...keep a pair in the truck for backup. They seem ok.

Sam, unless you are planning to fish in the dead of winter, stay away from the 5mm neoprene. They are very hot and heavy.

Try the ll bean outlet store in Rehoboth. I got a really nice pair of breathable nylon ones with boots for $30.00. Couldn't find anything comparable for less then 150.00. Or you could always get the old school ruber ones at Wally World.