13 posts in this topic

I'm always in the market for better sunglasses, just haven't bought 'em, that's all. :glasses2:

There are sooooo many different brands and types. Let's hear what your favorite one is for fishing on the shore and boat fishing.

What are your likes AND dislikes about it?

Why did you choose it?

If you can, give the model, what a good price is and where it may be found.

I have, or well, had several pairs of costa del mar sunglasses, I have only one now. one I lost getting dumped out of the kayak and I apparently "left" a pair somewhere at oregon inlet. I bet that made someone happy. I like the newer 580 lenses which block out more of the yellow light than the older ones (400). the result is crisper vision. the best lenses are gray for offshore and amber for inshore. the blue mirror is a gray lens and the green mirror is the amber lens. the 580's are pricey at over $200 a pair but they are the better ones. for surf and inshore boat fishing I say the amber lens is the way to go. I am not gonna recomend a frame because there are so many different ones and I think you should just go to BPS and try the different frames and see what you like. a lot of people also like maui jims but I have never worn them. hope it helps

costa del mar for me too Steve. First expensive pair I bought. Used to buy the cheap stuff.

I've had a ton and my costas are the best. Don't order online, try them on. Each frame has a different fit.

I got my first pair at BPS and I sat in there for like 45 minutes trying on the different frames. If you do know somewhere online that you could get them cheap you could try on the frames at BPS and once you know the frame, and lens you want you could order that pair online.

Like Ben said.

Costa Del Mar. The best glasses I've ever owned.

I bought the Costa 580 in green. The visible color is slightly amber.

These glasses are fantastic in the shallows!

In the mangroves, I can see a very defined outline of every rock and fish.

Bought them at BPS for $225.

nice purchase. I have 2 pair of 580's right now but have to get one pair repaired and cant afford it at the moment. I had one of the lenses shatter. go figure. they were fine after dropping them on rocks, road, pavement, and even stepped on them once but then I dropped them on a wod pier plank once and they shatter. that was probably the softest thing they fell on. I guess it just hit in the right spot.

As much as I lose mine or my kids destroy them, I stick with the $10-$20 polarized sunglasses. Nothing fancy, just whatever int hat range!

Steve, I do the same thing. But I finally decided to buy ONE good pair.

I am very glad I did.....

I have been wanting to get a good set for myself too, the one problem I have is keeping them, so until I can find a way to keep them from.... ending up some where in the sand or twisted, bent, mangled, scratched, chipped, lost, still in the truck, on someones else head or from my wife "OH are these yours!!" I will have to stick the the CHEAP ones. They worked so far.

Costa's here too, I've had the same pair of "Wave Killers" in blue, going on 5 years now, thats along-time for me, hands down the best I've ever owned

$5 gas station/convenient store sun shades