11 posts in this topic

Anyone heard of anything from SPSP yet? I'm dying to get out, and luckily so is dad, so that may actually commit me to going this weekend. Probably gonna hit it sunday first thing in the morning and fish it as long as we can stand. I've had the white perch tear up my bait there this time of year before so I am going to take small rigs and hopefully hook into some of those and some nice big fat bloodworms on a fish finder and hopefully land a big fat Striper to safely CPR (catch, photo & release). Maybe I'll get some much needed pullage on sunday.....If anyone is going to be out in the area, look us up....

I have heard of a couple caught from the shore at SPSP!

Right before you come across the bay bridge on the western shore of MD.

yeah, can't miss it...HUGE park with I think the biggest boat ramp facility I have ever seen at a state facility. Nice Sandy Beach to fish from as well as a rock jetty you can fish from as well.

Went to SPSP on Friday, fished from about an hour before high tide to an hour after. I was using blood worms for bait. I had a few bites but didn't catch anything as I had on some big circle hooks since I haven't re-stocked for the year yet. I might check it out again next week.

Went out this morning.....Started fishing just as the tide turned and started heading out. Cold wind coming across the bay. Fished for about 3 1/2 hours and at least got some pullage when a 15-16" striper decided to hit one of my double bottom rigs with some Bloodworm on it. More trash than I think I've ever pulled out of the bay. Not too crowded though, about 6 of us on the beach with a total of 14 lines in the water at the time I counted. A few more people were showing up as we decided to leave to grab some lunch and head home.

5852a51fedd0d_Dadsrodspspmarch.jpg.1b8b0

5852a52014ead_dadspspmarch.jpg.fd98595f4

5852a52018aae_MarchSPSPStriper.jpg.0db5d

awwww... look at the baby striper

I bugged jimmy to go up there fishing.. glad he talked me out of it

awwww... look at the baby striper

I bugged jimmy to go up there fishing.. glad he talked me out of it

Why? Its not really a bad place to fish....well until trophy season opens and its shoulder to shoulder out there......Dad is going back out tomorrow, he'll probably have more time to fish than we did on sun....

Why? Its not really a bad place to fish....well until trophy season opens and its shoulder to shoulder out there......Dad is going back out tomorrow, he'll probably have more time to fish than we did on sun....

Talked her out of going there in favor of going to AI. Nothing against SPSp!

Leg and I fished bloodies from 0645...high was 0630...to 1030. Never caught so much grass!!!:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Seemed like everyonr else had the same problem. Did not see anyone catching. Many gave up and left.:BangHead: