Official Fling Date  

1. 1. Official Fling Date

• The Fling will be on May 10th
    • See you on the beach!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

Since I messed up and made the date of the Fling May 3 witch it turned out that I could not attend on that date due to Spring Fest lots of you have suggested to change the date So if every one is OK with that having the Fling on a different date, Saturday April 26 will be the new date.

The sooner everyone can put there two cents in on this we can lock down the date and move on with other plans for the Fling

Thank David

April 26th puts me out :icon_thumbdown:

Don't let me hold you back from coming

If anyone has a suggestion on any other date lets here of them, I for one would like to see as many of you out there as possible. If things don't work out for me that's OK. The main thing is to have a date that works for most of the people here on the forum.

One thing that I would like start talking about is setting a date that will be the same every year from here on out that way we all will have time to plan for the Spring Fling way in advance so we can side step things like this in the future. And since we are on the subject of setting dates we might as well get started on the Summer Fling now.

That's always the tough thing - not EVERYONE can make EVERY fling.. Have a time for everyone to give input, and then someone in the AA "leadership" (Sam, Admins, etc) will just have to make the call.

I know I'll try to make it whenever it is (last two shark flings i've driven 8 hrs to make due to gigs in NY state). Actually for me the best weekend is Mother's day weekend believe it or not.

I'm up for the 26th the 3rd, mothersday or whenever. The 26th we'll all miss Randy. The 3rd we'll all miss Dave. Other people expresed issues with Mothers day. No great solution I suppose.

well for me the whole month of April is out as we are going to Florida to fish for a week and I gotta' pull atleast 1 saturday in April and my day is saturday the 26th:cwm21:

May is the best month for me and maybe a better month to score a nice fat Zebra too, imo.....:glasses2:

I agree May is probably the best shot at a striper.

I agree May is probably the best shot at a striper.

There are striper in MD?

I think Dave or Sam or Steve need to put all the possible dates in a hat and just pick on and stick with it.

There are striper in Maryland?

I certainly wouldn't know.....:angry2:

I would have to agree that a May date would be better for me as well.

I probably wont be able to make it but I think it should stay the 3rd even if some people won't be there. I also agree with what dave said about having it the same time every year. you could make it the 3rd this year (which is the first weekend) and on the first weekend every year. the second weekend is always mothers day. I just think it would think it would be smarter to do it like that. it would be a lot easier for people to plan round if they have as much notice as possible or just know it is the first weekend in may. and like trowpa said, not everyone can make every fling.

May 3 is SpringFest weekend, right?

How gnarly does the road traffic and the sand traffic get?

Sorry Dave....had to be the one to vote to keep it where it is.....not because I don't wanna hang out with you, but because the original weekend I at least stood a chance of coming out.......the proposed weekend, well I'll be on the bay fishing sat and sun....and unfortunately, not off the eastern shore this year...I'll be fishing out of reedville, va....

Seems like most folk can do any of the weekends.

There are a few exceptions for Mom's day weekend.

Statistically speaking, looks like 5/3 is the best.

I'll be there whenever it is.

My only questions are about OC planning their SpringFest to coincide with OUR fest. How much will it affect 50 and 606? What about sand traffic?

I just can't figure why OC planned their event to run the same weekend as our's. It's baffling....

keep in mind if you plan to keep it the same weekend, Dave will almost never be able to make the first weekend of May.

I think the feeshin will be tough on the April dates but that makes for better socializing. If I make it down in May I'm fishing hard, in April I'd be less anxious about fishing fling style.

I mean, the purpose is to gather and socialize right???

I will try to make it whenever it is. I think May is better, wanna put some serious time in during May this year. Remember last year the run was in late May. Memorial Day weekend fishing was hot! Of course that can change each year but there will be more stripes in the suds even in early June than late April most years. I think so anyway.

What's the latest news on the date? It sounds like it might be a (Good?) idea to do a new poll and include the May weekends up thru the May 16th- 17th weekend.

Just a thought.

ANYONE ?????

I have a blank permit application. All opinions in?

Looks like we have given enough time for this.

The original date of 5/3 seemed ok to most everyone until they realized that the Head Chef would not be attending due to it being SpringFest in OC and him having to make sure his bar didn't burn down.

After much talk to and fro, the general consensus seemed to be to keep it on the original date of 5/3.

My ONLY concern was about the roads and AI beach being crowded because of SpringFest. That concern was not addressed.

Can someone local comment on it?

Otherwise, 5/3 looks fine.

Dave, I'll leave a feesh in the water for you to catch at a later date.

Steve,

If you are heading back across the bridge on Sunday afternoon you better leave a good 5 hours to get home. It is usually tough. I have seen these spring/sun fest deals before. They CAN be worse than the usual holidays (July 4, Memorial Day, etc.)

I know about SpringFest and Memorial Day on the beach.

If I just happened to be in the area during the fest, I'd go to the island. Going there from Leesburg, VA on fest weekend, no way.

I can do 4/26 much easier. Besides, it looks like the bite might be right on for that weekend (26th).

The Date will be May 10th. That is good fishing time, so lets hope for good weather!

Thanks for clearing this up Sam!

Everyone start planning!!!!!