7 posts in this topic

Not sure of the name of the pond, but it is the one on Rt 113 on the north end of Millsboro. It is absolutely over-run with chain pickerel. Some nice fish this week up to 24 inches. I could not keep a bait in the water for crappie and yellow perch because of the number of pickerel.

fished today and more of the pickerel up to 24 inches. Where the heck are the crappie and yellow perch, other than in the bellies of the pickerel?

I read some time ago that pickerel will flat out destroy a fishery if they are not thinned out. The apparently eat constantly. They are fun to catch though.

yes there are a blast on light tackle and Im hoping to do a Pike trip down here reel-soon:icon_thumright:

what do you all used to catch them in NJ & PA:dontknow:

down here I use a red n' white 1/4 oz Shad Dart wth a bull minnow under a bobber and while that's a sittin' waiting to get bit, I'll toss around a red n' white Daredevil spoon.........

Hey Randy, If u need a crew keep me in mind. I can take orders and I'll even wear long pants this time.:blob1:

Randy - up in the poconos most of mine are are caught on a simple inline spinner.