7 posts in this topic

Is there such a thing as something that will tell you which fish runs at a certain time of the year in the state of Maryland?

If there was there would be no need for internet fishing forums...

The closest you MIGHT get is fishbase.org.

And that's not too close.

We have a Farmer's Almanac, maybe we need a Fisherman's Almanac! :D

Just ask here, you find out what you need.

I thought someone here might know when say, a bluefish for instance would be running in Maryland.

Say for example Bluefish start running in April or May or whatever, then Tautog start running in June or July, like that. Hope it makes more sense now.

You pretty much have it for the Blues. We hope for the arrival of the men in stripes to be within a couple of weeks.

Well there are always some old tales yo will hear.

Down here in VA, when you see the first firefly, people always say its about time for the Cobia to show!

Right now I see the Bradford Pear trees blooming and that let's me know the Grey trout are not too far behind!

blues, mid april...large stripers, late April...small stripers, all year long...black drum, end of April beginning of May...flounder, late April (not sure on this)...whiting, june...spot &croaker, some time in the summer,,,SHARKS:blob8:, July...red drum, beginning of September. This is fairly general but gives you an idea.