Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skylar

Want To Catch Big Fish This Summer?

3 posts in this topic

I suppose anything is possible.

But I'll bet those of us that yak at AI are in better shape than those tourists.

If you take heavy gear out and hook into a Charkey, you'll be taken for a ride east, real quick.

Also, if a storm comes in from the west the gust front could keep you out there.

I don't think any of us would start out with a storm approaching.....

I lived in Hawaii for 3 years, I will tell you that on many occasions I was out spear fishing and the surf was fine when I went into the water, before I knew it I was barely able to hold onto the reef the conditions had changed so fast. Also I have been out in the morning when there was almost no wave action on the north shore, and by mid day surfers were out catching 5'-8' waves....and that isn't the face measurement, thats the trough measurement (backside of the wave). Conditions change quick out there. Those tradewinds can pick up and next thing you know, you're being blown out to sea (or into shore depending on which side of the island you are on. And don't forget the RIP tides, here everyone worries about undertow more than rips, over there the big concern is the rip, not to mention the fact that you only have to be a short distance from land to hit deep deep deep water......