8 posts in this topic

just moved from california and need advice. What are the best headboats in ocean city area? how about headboats in the bay? in cali we call headboats party boats or if you are feeling like a smart a@$ cattle boats. Are there any headboats that do overnight or multi day trips? until i meet some friends with boats or buy one myself i will have to rely on the headboats to get my saltwater fix. sadly, ocean city is 210 miles from where i just moved, and the bay about 2.5 hrs. that being said, any advice that would keep me from wasting my time would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

remember: there is a fine line between fishing and just standing on a boat and looking stupid.

Never did it myself, but I heard lots of good things about the morning star.

Welcome to the board Buford!

Stick around, someone will chime in with some info.

Weekends folks are getting the honey-do's and stuff for the kids done, but they will give an answer.

As for me, I cannot personally say either way for the above mentioned boat, they do advertise a lot though.

Best headboat hands down is the morningstar.

He is expensive though, if you're on a budget, and still want to be on the fish, I'd recommend the Angler on Talbot St.

As far as doing the bay headboat thing, if it's past mid-june, don't waste your money.

so the Morning Star it is. I emailed the captain and he emailed me back the same day with a nice welcome. it looks like he is a little on the expensive side but if he puts folks on the fish it is well worth it to me.

210 miles to OC and 2.5 hrs to the bay....Where are you? I'm trying to figure it out in my head, but its just not coming together.....I'm 190 miles to assateague but only 1-1 1/2 hrs to the bay (depending on traffic)

maryland, pa border. closest to hagerstown. have only mapquested to ocean city and just guessing on time to bay. but now that you mention it Dulles is like an 1.5 hour drive so i guess that distance would put me near the bay.

The Angler on Talbot St will start sailing in late April for tog, seabass, and flounder. We did an 3 day offshore trip last year in fall...We may try and make it a regular thing taking customers in the fall this year...shoot me a pm if you would like some more info...