Pier_man0909

check this BS out, defenders of wildlife?

16 posts in this topic

After reading all of the links contained therein, I can think of only one word as I hang my head and pivot it side to side.

unbelievable

anyone else? shi* is gonna hit the fan if this stuff goes down, it won't be pretty.

SAVE THE FOXES!!! Shoot an environmentalist!!!

Just so everyone is up to speed here: there is a propsoal on the books right now to take away 50% of the driveable beach at AI and that would be the last 50% down to the VA line.

Delaware beaches are under threat as well. Sen. Carper is proposing a Coastal Heritage Park in De., that is a federal park. IT IS ON YOU DOORSTEP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My suggestion is to join a club like DMS, AMSA, NCBBA. these clubs are fighting for your rights to keep your beaches open to ORV use. There is power in numbers and we need the numbers NOW.

Absolutely ridiculous. I thought the wildlife services were supposed to protect them, not 'em. I'm a hunter and in no way am I into the whole "anti hunting" deal... but that's absurd. I'd shoot them officers right in the keester.

they are protecting the birds...by trapping and killing the predators. they have been using leg hole traps and snares to trap animals. I heard a report of a dog that got caught in a leg hole trap and was almost put to sleep.

Pier Man I know for a fact that in Delaware the park servies has been killing foxes and feral cats to ensure that the plovers hatch. Where are the tree huggers and animal rights people while this is going on.

Can I become an AMSA member online or what do I have to do? Any help would be GREAT!

Pier Man I know for a fact that in Delaware the park servies has been killing foxes and feral cats to ensure that the plovers hatch. Where are the tree huggers and animal rights people while this is going on.

I believe that they condone it. it is okay because they are saving the endangered bird. they use the excuse at least with the cats that they are not native animals and that they are "un-natural"

There are more people killed on the roads and shot with guns everyday than are birds killed on the beach.BUT do they close the roads down or stop selling guns NO they don't.:angry1:

Don't get me wrong I know and agree that the birds need to be protected but closing the beaches are not the answer either.:brave:

It's not about protecting the birds, they won't stop until all shore lines are closed to people.

I'll be down there in May either way.

May have to learn some new sound side walking accessable spots.

Love the outerbanks!

Devo

Anyone know why the plover is so important? Is this bird like a key to the whole ecosystem? And I have to say for an 'endangered" species there seems to be an awful lot of nesting going on. More and more each year. Down on the outer banks this summer they had most of the OSV zone roped off for those birds.

its not about the birds,

if it was then they would be open to other, more effective methods...like moving them to the wildlife refuge 40 miles to the north. they want YEAR ROUND closures for a MIGRATORY bird. that doesn't make sense. there have been nests on the dredge spoil island in hatteras inlet and there was nest on top of a building and because they didn't nest in the "park" ORV's are somehow the cause. maybe the birds are half smart and wanted to nest somewhere where there are no foxes, skunks, wild cats, wild dogs, other land predators. they say orvs destroy the nests but we dont drive where the nests are, and what do the hurricanes and storms do? what about when the beach is completely washed over?

another issue we have down here is the oregon inlet (herbert c bonner) bridge.

the minnesota bridge that collapsed was given a safety rating of 30 out of 50 when it collapsed. the bonner bridge has been given a safety rating of 2, yes a 2 out of 100. people that fish under the bridge have seen chunks of brigde fall into the water and some of the piling have been undermined by the current, you could literally swim under some of the pilings. the same people that are filing this injunction suit for the beach driving are the same people holding up the process of getting a new bridge. the current bridge crosses over the sound and dumps onto pea island and is just over a mile I think. the bridge that they want is 17 miles and it will bypass pea island and dump of in rodanthe. this is BS. in the injunction suit they say that pea island will still be open but in this issue it would close pea island. pea island has been closed to orv's for years, you have to park on the side of the road, hike up the dune and onto the beach. this new bridge according to the selc would allow us to stop maintaining the 15 miles of route 12 on pea island therefor shutting down all access.

I'm sitting here reading all of this, and I'm totally blown away. Are people REALLY this stupid??

I have to go wrap my head in duct tape now.