4 posts in this topic

I have a little encouraging news. Nice tog are being caught at the Inlet and between 2nd & 4th Streets. My bait man caught a few trout in the ocean today. I've heard of some small black drum and a few short stripers on the beach. Also, I was told last weekend that a big school of stripers are moving up the coast from North Carolina and they are not very far from the Ocean City Inlet. I received my first fresh ocean bunker today.

Thanks to those that stopped by our booth at the AMSA Expo last weekend. It was great to get the chance to talk to you.

Harbor Tackle has fresh ocean bunker, live black saltys, frozen sandfleas.

I'm not seeing any fish, but I am hearing some fish stories. I have heard of 3 stripers lost in the wash in the last few days. The sizes were estimated to be from 36 to 40 something inches. Two were lost at AI and one at North Ocean City beach. I am getting fresh ocean bunker regularly now. My ocean bait man saw his first stripers today. He also said that he expects a good fishing season based on the fact that there are more fish in the water than there has been in the last 5 years. Let's hope he is correct. The water temps are 47 to 48 degrees. A few more people are tog fishing and using frozen sandfleas for bait.

Lots of dogfish from the beach yesterday. Heard of some black drum from the suds. A nice 22 inch flounder from Indian River. Tog from 2nd & 4th Streets. One of my bay bait men caught a few trout in his nets in the back bay. I finally have some live green crabs and of course I have fresh bunker, live minnows, live eels. Happy Easter to you.

Thanks for the reports, Bev. Looking forward to more!