28 posts in this topic

The fishing season is right around the corner. As we get to the end of this month, we may see a few passing by us as they swim towards thier spawning grounds.

Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Hit the beach Thursday for a few hours not much to say on catching but I was able to use some fresh bait in the form of blue fish that I found washed up in the surf.

Even a washed-up Blue sounds promising.

Might get that SE blow this weekend?

so whats the chance this storm blows right on through tonight and we get to fish a little calmer water by late saturday?

was out today at the inlet just glancing and it sure looked fishy...

Water temps have jumped a few degrees since last week. We are approaching the upper 40's.

Only bad thing is we may have blow out tides Sunday.

headed out on thursday with some fresh bunker. we got out at about 4:30pm and only fished for about an hour and 1/2 used one bunker got 1 spiney dogfish and that was the only hit.

Fished a couple hours today down near the bull pen. NADA!!!

Bait went untouched. Wind was horrible!

hit the bulkhead for a few hours saturday tossing a stingsilver and soaking sandfleas. got skunked, saw 2 short tog landed. the guys on the end had a stringer of tog when i got there, musta missed the bite.

i still cant figure why some guys use 10-12 foot poles here

i still cant figure why some guys use 10-12 foot poles here

I would assume the length makes them good tog poles from the shore.

hit AI this afternoon, it was nice getting back out there for the first time in 4 months. Only threw out 1 line cause the surf was really rough, waves were at least 10 feet tall at times and the current was pullin hard to the south. I couldnt hold at all with 12oz. But it was still nice gettin out again.

Hit the beach for a few hours today not much to say but a lot of doggies in the 3 foot range. The oddest thing was when I had a skate on the line and a doggie wrapped up in the line.

Fished Yesterday for a couple hours! And it was a pure Dogfish Blitz!

Couldn't keep them off the line. Tried different distances, tried heads and they still kept coming. I left right before it started to get dark so I wouldn't have to to deal with the super blitz that was sure to follow.

No hints of any striped ones around yet though.

Someone has GOT to eat one of these guys!

Coop said he had one year before.

Figure out a minimum size to keep so it would be worth cleaning.

Details on cleaning and cooking.

I think we are passing up a good opportunity.

After all, Skate is delicious, why not Dogfish?

I had a guy who was fishing maybe 200 or 300 yards from me walk down after he saw me throwing them back one after another. He asked me to keep them for him because he loves eating them. His goal for the day was to fill a big cooler with doggies.

Well by the end of the day mission accomplished!

I have eaten a few doggies nice white meat. For size I go with the larger ones makes cleaning easier if you get one at less 3 1/2' you can either steak them out or filet them out all depends on the size of the doggie. As for cooking most times all I do is some butter, lemon and some salt and pepper. You can season it almost anyway you want.

Since I don't keep many game fish I planned to keep a few doggies if I was "lucky" enough to get some.

we went out yesterday on the ocean city pier and we were catching doggies like crazy and had 2 hits on bunker chunks that when they were hit the lines were snapped when we set the hook.used fresh bunker that we got from bucks

Finally got a chance to fish,,,forgot my sand spikes, and tackle box,,,fortunately, I rigged a couple rods before I left. Only lasted an hour, no fish.

fished about two hours yesterday with two doggies in the 2.5 ft range other than that nothing.

Well got out today for a few hours not much to say but some doggies and a skate.

Was able to get Sam out for a few hours to day on his birth day sorry to say that I could not get him a rock, other then that it was a good day with a good friend.

Happy birthday Sam

Fished yesterday afternoon for awhile. Lots of Doggies with a couple skates mixed in. Had two nice hits, one a didn't get glued to and the next one bit my 50lb shock leader in half like a razor like only a big blue can do. The big blue hit a herring head that was mixed into the bunker I got from Bev.

Going to head back out today to see if I can find the striped ones!

Oh yeah, fished 2 chunk, 2 heads and 2 clam rods all afternoon. Clam went pretty much untouched, even the doggies and skates didn't hit it.

bit my 50lb shock leader in half like a razor like only a big blue can do. The big blue hit a herring head

Call me crazy, but I prefer the fight of a big Blue...

Sounds good Jim, soon.......

Call me crazy, but I prefer the fight of a big Blue...

Sounds good Jim, soon.......

Yeah, I wish I would have gotten a good chance to fight him. He bit me off pretty quickly.

Hey Jim, Trappe here, I'm just starting out, getting rigged up soon, I'm looking for any friendly advise, or maybe a chance to fish with you. I did go trolling in the bay on Thur eve. and we released 3 rock, two were over 35.

Fished AI today for about an hour. Was pretty much unfishable out there. 12 OZ frog tongues where washing right up on the beach. Grossy even threw 2 8oz's hooked together and they washed right on up.

Heard of some doggies caught while drifting at the tide change but it was a no go!

Hey Jim, Trappe here, I'm just starting out, getting rigged up soon, I'm looking for any friendly advise, or maybe a chance to fish with you. I did go trolling in the bay on Thur eve. and we released 3 rock, two were over 35.

I am at AI almost every weekend and come summer I spend a lot of time on the choptank pier. Let me know when you want to meet up. Big striper's start running AI during May!