5 posts in this topic

Saturday 23 Feb 2008 - hit the ocean out of c.c. @ about 715 am & went straight toward the green can with jamie(racn35), bob(finnbob) aboard. did'nt make it quite that far as we ran over a large pod of bait so we dropped lines & started trolling right about the bay/ocean line. hooked up on the 1st fish right away. seas were dead calm & raining. guess i can't say they don't bite in a low pressure cell anymore. brought home 5 w/ one lost @ the boat & several missed hits. most of the bite came in the early morning. all fish were caught on the 3-way mojo (28 oz) with the exception of one on the trailer tomic. mojo colors were chartreuse,red & white, & blue & white. tomic was a 7" red & white. all fish were between 36 & 41 inches. lots of bait in the afternoon but no bite for us then. talked to several bretheren out there & it seems like everyone had a good day. finally a calm day!

Jamie4023Feb08-1.jpg

jamiebob0223-1.jpg

Sunday 24 Feb 2008 -Got a late start and began fishing around 12:30 PM and finished around 3:30 PM. Crew was Jamie, Kevin and Ted. Fished between the Ramada and Cape Henry in 45 - 60 feet of water about one-half mile inside the line. Our catch was 5 fish from 34 to 39 inches. Bait was all through the area. Everything was on the bottom and we pulled the Tony Acetta silver spoon, big gold spoon and large white bucktail off MoJo's. Stretch did not catch a fish. Believe the key was we were going very slowly and only using one engine. Bite was never really hot, but was steady. It was a really great day with good company.

CappytanDoug-1.jpg

Kevinbigmouth-1.jpg

TedHawg-1.jpg

Jamiebigmouth-1.jpg

JamieHAWG-1.jpg

Thecrew-1.jpg

Jamie24Feb08001-1.jpg

AND HERES A FREEBIE REPORT FOR MONDAY THE 25TH TOO

Getting ready to hook up my Wahoo right around 11 and was intercepted by a call from Tony to go to CH with that NC fella John Latham, what a nice guy.

Headed to OC to meet up and head out: We started near the boat jam but stayed in the HOV express lane and ran right by them. Dropped lines and smoothly calmly eased around 2 miles out from the Ramada...... nada....... pulled up & ran to the greeen can......nada........did up big swooping arc for an hour or so up past the CH Light......nada.......I say we pull lines again and go back to the Ramada.......had a 4 way going triangle with others on the cell to locate fish and we all were still at ziltch....changed out tails to blue backed white shad on the mojo's and tricked a fat 40 into the box.

An hour before dark we ran out 2 3/4 miles straight out from the hotel and almost drifted we were going so slow......Then the better looking of the 2 Tonys on board reeled in a nice fish in the low 30's around 33 inches or so ........tried for a third fish until we could not see any other boats.......we were 1 of the last handfull out there around 6:30 ........headed in total darkness with 2 fish for John to take back to North Kackalacky -

pretty slow as the rest goes too..... not hot and heavy but no skunk either......the other 3 boats we worked with all got 1 fish each as well around 40 -

Thank You John Latham for the ride, I'll be your HO anyday......and If you dont want to drag that million dollar Persuit catfish rig up here you can fish on mine anyday !!

Impressive as always Jamie. Good work...not bad for late February eh? Most of us are tryin to remember what a fish looks like right about now :BangHead:

Sweet! Nice Glacier Bay in that first pic. How'd you like the ride?

unless you hit the wave head on - IT SUCKS !! rocks back and forth,from side to side worse than any boat I ever been on.....he wanted to go again today......I passed.

I have a 21 FT Wahoo that rides better than that thing ! REALLY

The other boat on Sunday is a 1960 Trojan ...... nice steady old ride - solid wood, hull and everything.

Hmm....I've heard that about the older one's (pre 2001), before they changed the hull design. What year is it?

That's a 252 isn't it.....like a '96 or '97, right?

A set of permatrims should fix the roll. Mine's sure footed as a donkey and rides like a rolls.