7 posts in this topic

Going fishin for doggies just to catch one never have before is there a good chance of landing one this early or no. The reason I ask is becouse I seen that you guys are pulling them in likes its nothing on bunker.

Fish at dusk with bunker chunks, (or any fresh bait) and you are almost guaranteed to catch a doggie!

Just be careful taking them off the hook! they will try and stab you

Come on down to Va Beach or further south. All the doggies you want!

They do provide some entertainment when nothing else is happening!!!:crybaby2:

April, they'll be thick, along with skates, night or day. Right now, it seems around dusk they start biting.

Thanks guys I hope to have sum pics I cought a 4 pound rainbow trout an 8 smaller trout so I cant wait to catch some big stuff how big can the doggies get

now be assured doggies can get bigger then trout, but it doesn't mean they fight any harder...in fact not by much at all. I can only think of even a few that felt like a fish on the line. They are not sporting by any stretch and in some cases are too lethargic to even fight teh shore break and make it back into the water.

Now if you want to toss a 7-8' rod light setup you may find it different, you also may find it tough to catch one.

Oh, and I saw Sam catch one last spring that had to be 5' and 30lbs...that one did have some fight, we thought it was a striper. Would have beaten the state record for sure, not exactly the one I want my name next to though...

Would have beaten the state record for sure, not exactly the one I want my name next to though...

We'd have to buy him a case of Dogfish Head as a prize! LOL!!! :grommit:

http://www.dogfish.com/