7 posts in this topic

Has anyone used or know anything about those extendable out riggers, 15'-0 extended? Seacoast is one brand for around 200.00 for a complete set up to run 4 lines, sounds cheap . I would like them for trolling for stripers. Thanks again for your help

My cousin has extendable outriggers on his boat. I'll try and find out what brand they are, but he hasn't had an issue with them yet. I know he's used them trolling for stripers during trophy season as well as Fishing offshore.

I just bought Taco Grand Slam 15' telescoping (I assume that's what you mean).

The boat I was on in OBX when I caught the sail was using them. I asked the owner about them, and he said he's never had a problem with them.

I wouldn't think there's much difference between brands. There's not too much to an outrigger.....I'd suggest buying a good rigging kit, though.

I just bought Taco Grand Slam 15' telescoping (I assume that's what you mean).

The boat I was on in Outer Banks when I caught the sail was using them. I asked the owner about them, and he said he's never had a problem with them.

I wouldn't think there's much difference between brands. There's not too much to an outrigger.....I'd suggest buying a good rigging kit, though.

Yup, talked to my cousin, Not sure if they are the Grand Slam Model but they are Taco. He says there's never been an issue with them.

I just bought Taco Grand Slam 15' telescoping

Thanks for the replies fellows:icon_salut:. Bohica, did you have someone install these for you or did you do it yourself. The thought of using a hand drill to drill a 1 1/2' hole at 45 degrees in my gunnel doesn't seem cool. How many baits are you able to pull with the 15'-0?

Mine are installed in my T-top. If you're getting the gunwhale mount kind, I wouldn't get bent out of shape about drilling. It's not too much different from mounting a rod holder.

I'll be pulling 2 baits from each rigger (short and long).

Here's what they look like:

T-Top(1)(Medium).jpg.df78d5d3d2ea4fbf4a5

T-Top(3)(Medium).jpg.689eda368d9bcff6b19

I have a set of 15 foot tigress telescoping outriggers on my boat. They work ok but would not reccomend the fiberglass outrigger. They act like a 15 foot surf rod and often anything less than a freight train type of strike will not release the clips. I have looked up and watched them bounce around like a surf rod when I hooked some small dolphin. Go with aluminum riggers. If you would like to try trolling for tuna this summer, I would be glad to go with you either on your boat or mine and I will provide 5 stand up trolling outfits and lures as well as split the gas.

George