13 posts in this topic

anyone tried for perch yet, should be getting close

There were some talks about perch last week when we had the warm spell... just passing on the second hand info...

This cold snap will shut everything off - just like it should be in the beginning of february...

Mid march usually when they're starting be really active... you might have a shot at an early fish, but don't expect consistent action...

There were some talks about perch last week when we had the warm spell... just passing on the second hand info...

This cold snap will shut everything off - just like it should be in the beginning of february...

Mid march usually when they're starting be really active... you might have a shot at an early fish, but don't expect consistent action...

I thought the Yellow Perch run was consistently mid to late February.

Checked for bait the other day.. nothing but clear water...

my remarks were strictly towards white perch...

Yeah, looking for the little stripers here too. :)

They are catching good #'s of yellows around here, some nice size one's too!! I'm going wed. down the road from the house!!

I heard of some nice yellow's being caught in the upper Chester River above Millington this past weekend. Wasn't a fish every cast like in the heat of the run, but it was still fishing and catching. Another 2 weeks or so and this area will be slamming for yellows.

saw a report with a bucket full of grass shrimp, and minnows, not to mention some slab yellows from sussex county. time to hunt

saw a report with a bucket full of grass shrimp, and minnows, not to mention some slab yellows from sussex county. time to hunt

Hey roger, let me know if you get up this way georgetown,De. Got a couple of really good spots right here local!!

Chris

Anyone have any ideas where to hook into some nice Yellows in VA? I'm thinking about taking the kids out next weekend if the weather is nice. I would love to get them into a thick yellow perch run, but I'm sure I can find catfish or something else if I can't find the perch.

Hey roger, let me know if you get up this way georgetown,Delaware. Got a couple of really good spots right here local!!

Chris

hhmmm tempting, have to see what the plans are

I have been catching 20-30 perch every time i set the gill net in Assawoman. Most are very good size and have been catching them for 4 weeks.