Randy Stinchcomb

LOOKOUT....I NOW HAVE LAPTOP!!!!

7 posts in this topic

:director:now I'll never be able to go fishing....................... alone:eusa_dance:

very cool, Randy. What did ya get?

Dell? HP? Toshie?

C'mon Randy, fess up! :D

They can be handy, that's for sure.

I'm sittin' in a resort hotel in Orlando (NO! NOT Disney) and I have already used mine to check the Indian River reports.

Very handy to have, especially for using with a GPS when getting 'round out of town.

....and the brand is ACER and a Sprint Wi-Fi card, seems tobe "ok":fucyc:......houghts:icon_scratch:......I didn't buy it, it's a gift from Jeff for the business:eusa_shifty:

If you have unlimited wi-fi, you GOT to subscribe to Google Earth Plus. You can use satellite shots and zoom in as you are driving, even angle it. I like about 1000' at a 45 degree angle. Gives me a great view of what's up ahead.

But of course, it seems to only use Magellen or Garmin, haven't tried others.

I don't know if you are into mapping, plotting & planning & such; but if you are, laptops are great. If Barb will allow you, you can mount it on a swiveling platform in your vehicle. It can be used by the driver or passenger. No drilling required! Easy to install! Here is the link to where I bought mine:

http://www.ram-mount.com/

COOL BEANS! I really need one of those.Will you have it with you 4 the boat show? I'd love to see it.:coffee2:

Yes, we will have it with us for the boat show. I'm going to like it for entertainment purposes on the ride down.