8 posts in this topic

Had the honor of testing some CTS Prototype blanks for Fishsticks4u on Sunday morning with Sea2aeS and Scott Wood. There were 3 blanks which we were able to field test and put our hands on.

Blank #1 13'6" rated at 3-5oz

Blank #2 13'6" rated at 5-8oz

Blank #3 13'6" rated at 8-12oz

I was a bit intimidated going in with the length of the rods and possible weight of them, but that was quickly erased.

Blank#1 with a 525Mag/14# Sufix-Tri/25# Shock. This blank like the rest is light as a feather, and will flat out bomb. Tossed an array of lead and found it will bomb 6oz just fine and more likely suited for 3-6oz, with 4-5oz being the sweet spot.

Blank#2 with the same set up, still ultra light and tossed 5-10oz without a problem. Actually got one of my best casts of the day tossing 10oz on this blank.

Blank #3 with the same set up. Tossed 8 & 10oz great, I was'nt going to put 12oz on due to my back got tweaked near the end, but Scott put 12oz on it and it tossed like a champ. The amazing thing about this blank is it is lighter than a 1569RS and will flat out throw.

Scott went out with Rolland tonight who can cast a country mile and he was hitting 470ft - 505ft out of the box with 7-12oz.

I know the AFAW's have been nice, but watch out when these get released into the US, as they are fabulous.

Ben...........Don't touch one or you'll be buying new rods!

Thanks for the review!

I look forward to trying these rods. I threw one of Ben's 1569's and I fell in love. Too bad my bank account doesn't support me buying a 300 rod right now, but once my deadbeat tenants actually pay up I am in the market!

Had the honor of testing some CTS Prototype blanks for Fishsticks4u on Sunday morning with Sea2aeS and Scott Wood. There were 3 blanks which we were able to field test and put our hands on.

Blank #1 13'6" rated at 3-5oz

Blank #2 13'6" rated at 5-8oz

Blank #3 13'6" rated at 8-12oz

I was a bit intimidated going in with the length of the rods and possible weight of them, but that was quickly erased.

Blank#1 with a 525Mag/14# Sufix-Tri/25# Shock. This blank like the rest is light as a feather, and will flat out bomb. Tossed an array of lead and found it will bomb 6oz just fine and more likely suited for 3-6oz, with 4-5oz being the sweet spot.

Blank#2 with the same set up, still ultra light and tossed 5-10oz without a problem. Actually got one of my best casts of the day tossing 10oz on this blank.

Blank #3 with the same set up. Tossed 8 & 10oz great, I was'nt going to put 12oz on due to my back got tweaked near the end, but Scott put 12oz on it and it tossed like a champ. The amazing thing about this blank is it is lighter than a 1569RS and will flat out throw.

Scott went out with Rolland tonight who can cast a country mile and he was hitting 470ft - 505ft out of the box with 7-12oz.

I know the AFAW's have been nice, but watch out when these get released into the US, as they are fabulous.

Ben...........Don't touch one or you'll be buying new rods!

it's not too bad now, I have enough that I can sell them to finance the new ones, took a while to get here though.

I do want to upgrade my OM's that I have to something different then I already have in the arsenal. AFAW's are awesome on big baits and weight. Now if you said Rolland was hitting 600' I'd have to reconsider, right now I don't see an upgrade getting me more distance then time spent practicing ya know...

I am upgrading my equipment to something that will substantially increase my success but I can't tell ya what it is...soon enough they won't have a chance!

Headed back out today with Bucket, NS4D, NonCaster, and Newsjeff and Demonfish showed up to give these CTS blanks another whirl. Stiff crosswind developed during casting and limited some distance during part of the day.

These blanks are so incredibly light, soft tip, yet strong and will flat out load easily and cast with power.

I actually put on a 14oz lead on the 8-12oz CTS Blank and hit 120 yards three times in a row! Couldn't believe it, but it handled it just fine!

Bucket and Noncaster both liked the 8-12oz blank the best it seemed, but got some nice results on all three.

Frank (Demonfish) who does some distance casting, took two shots on the 8-12oz blank with a 150gr lead and hit right around 575ft each time and was impressed with what he felt on the casts.

Will post some pic's and video later!

Ready to go:

100_0470-1.jpg

My ugly butt:

100_0469-1.jpg

Chapa (aka Noncaster):

100_0480-1.jpg

NS4D:

100_0477-1.jpg

Bucket:

100_0471-1.jpg

Maybe you should wait until I build that CTS blank you like. Then I'll cast it a couple of time and turn around and sell it to you.:icon_wink:

Thanks for the call on meeting to try the blanks out. Kid duty kept me from the fun.

alleycat

Nice review and video...may have to give cts's a try.