3 posts in this topic

I watched it last night and I had some mixed feelings about it. I'll just talk about the 2 main bouts. I picked lesnar and nogueira to win. I am not really a fan of tim silvia since I usually find him boring. Nogueria took a beating but pulled off an awesome submission. I think he has something wrong with his vision since it seemed to me like he couldn't see some stuff comeing and it looked like he was dodging and ducking when nothing was thrown. I was kinda impressed with tim silvia though since I thought he was a lot more aggressive than normal.

even though I picked lesnar to win and he lost I was VERY impressed with his debut. he showed some good g'n'p and dropped mir with a punch. he did make a rookie mistake and was greedy with mir on his back and should have known what was coming since everyone else did. by the time he realized it and tried to escape it was too late and just got caught. I think lesnar was going to win until the ref stopped it and stood them up. he showed a lot of class in defeat.

I was not impressed and quite frankly very dissapointed with the ref, steve mazzagatti. I think it was a f'd up call he made when stopped the fight and stood up mir and lesnar. lesnar was whoopin his *** and had an accidental blow to the back of the head which steve stopped it for. I have seen a lot of fights and have never seen a fight get stopped like that for a blow to the back of the head, especially before a warning! 2 fights earlier steve was reffing the tyson griffin fight and he gave the dude like 5 or 6 warnings, never took a point away, and let them continue. lesnar landed one blow to the back of the head when mir turned away, didnt give a warning, took a point away, and stood them up. I thought after a time out the fight always resumes the previous postion to, thats what I have always seen, whats up with that. even the commentators were shocked that he stood them up. then lesnar dropped mir with a punch and did a little more damage aand then got caught. here is another thing, wheh lesnar was in the leg lock, he tapped like 5 or 6 times and steve mazzagatti was just looking at him not doing anything, lesnar paused and then continued to tap and then he stopped it. why did it take so long to stop the fight when youre right there watching someone tap? I have heard a lot of people complain about this ref saying he is not consistant, letting some fighters get away with extra blows to the back of the head, holding the fence and such. this event was the first time I noticed it. I think lesnar was going to win with only 1 or 2 more blows until he stood them up. I mean cmon, he was getting pounded and was not really defending himself, and I think ANY other ref would have stopped it and lesnar be victorious. thats usually the way it goes when someone is eating blows and they turn their body over like that without defending themselves.

I wonder what will happen now with nog the champ, I mean with the randy coture situation. Randy hasn't beaten him so there is really no logical reason to refuse the fight. not that he had a logical reason before but he said there was no competition and that he was only gonna fight one other guy who they cant organize. what a mess, I think randy is an idiot for what he is doing.

what do you all think?

Great fights. Glad to see Mir get the win. Yeah, Lesnar was hitting Mir in the back of the head, and he knew the rules. Nogera sure had a lot of heart!

I was kind of disappointed in Jeremy Horn. He's probably about done.

I believe lesnar landed quite a few to the side of the head but only 1 to the back of the head. Mir has looked like crap his last several fights but he looked a lot more in shape for this one. he looked like he had 15-20 extra pounds last year and gassed in like 2 minutes. I think he is getting better but still has a long way to go. he has awesome bjj but not a whole lot else. I would like to see mir train full time and focus only on that and then I think he will improve a lot. I don't think you can really be a top level fighter and still have a job. what the heck does he need another job for, he made $140,000 the other night!