55 posts in this topic

It's hard to believe we are already into February. Spring is right around the corner, so get your gear ready.

For those that have the itch to get out this month, there is always a chance at a fish. Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

For those that have the itch to get out this month, there is always a chance at a fish. Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Yep, we can always go catch some spiny or smooth dogfish can't we! Whew dem critters get thick in the winter!:happy8:

Yeah, Fish & Chips!!!!

Coop says they're tasty, I'd certainly eat one if I caught one big enough!

Is there anything around the inlets?

Hit the beach today from noon until dark...manged my first February short striper. Spineys came out in full force an hour before dark. Water temp 43*.

febstriper.JPG.89f379f3ab3844154518e4ac6

febbeach.JPG.219da1ac374a183d01a80963140

Dave, striper hit on clams, doggies hit on the bunker...not one doggie on the clams.

Nice fish even if it's a shorty. Glad to see that some fish can still be caught, but even spiney's would be welcome now. I am going through pullage withdrawl. :happy8:

I'm contemplating going on a meat fishign trip for doggies actually. I don't keep stripers for the most part and it'd be good to have some "fish" to eat. I never keep them when I'm game fishing cause of the hassle but I'd think if I targeted them I'd be happy to catch one. Just fry em up!

they are supposed to be very good to eat. I have never had them but I have had other shark and I like it.

Are they smooth or Spiny Dogfish?

Weight or length?

Just wonder if the size is worth the hassle of cleaning....

Very good to eat deep fried...spineys, from 2 - 3 feet. We kept one once and cleaned it as soon as we caught it...the only thing that turned me off were the babies that flopped out...that bothered me.

Nice work Coop!

That's a healthy looking rockfish!

Shot you a PM!

Fished from dawn until noon...wind blowing hard out of the south. Ended up throwing 10. Mid morning, small stripers were stacked up against the bar that was very close to the shore (no real trough). Just to the right of that bar, wide open deep water...most stripers I ever caught in a couple hours, non stop...all short...I took my far right rod and moved it to the far left to get closer to the edge of the bar. I fish 4 rods and all fish were on the left 2 rods. Really hoping I would find a grown up in the bunch. After 10am it was over.

Feb6fish.JPG.bd862a965457e1f376cccb79132

feb6beach.JPG.6efd7de717ee45ff15e476015d

Very nice again Coop! Have you caught a striper in every month yet?

He has prolly caught one in every week! :D

Look at the sand piling up on the tail (north end of the fish), sure was blowing hard!

Coop, you are a machine...

Scott, you are incredible. Way to get out there and fish my friend.

......Good Going Scott, might have to bring some guns n' gear to the beach wth me next weekend:icon_wink:

driving down rt50 the other day and saw this pickup truck with 3 large bins in the back.............filled with rockies!! THey looked pretty big too. THey were sticking up and out of the bins waving back and forth in the wind. Wanted to get close enough to reach over and snagg one..but then I saw the shotty in the back window and thought better of it..............:evil3:

Hey coop good going clams or bunker any problems with doggies:blob1:

FISHY WATER!!!!

Would't it be nice if it was around 55-60 degrees or so!!!

Would't it be nice if it was around 55-60 degrees or so!!!

you know it dude, take that in May all day.

Or Sept for sure!