13 posts in this topic

Taking from another thread; I've recorded a few shows.

I watched Outfitter's Journal and Outfitter's Almanac tonight.

Both aired on DTV #606, Outdoor Network.

I found both shows to be bland, noneducational and quite boring.

I am recording a bunch of stuff, will report back.

Oh! Saltwater Experience rocks!

........ ever since I got DirectTV, Im blown-away at the #'s of fishing shows on:glasses1: and some quality shows too;

I agree that the Suffix Saltwater Experience is by-far the best and just recieved an award for being the #1 sports show on Versus on Saturdays:eusa_dance: so Mucho Congrats to Tom & Rich:icon_pray:

some other good shows to watch are; Northeast Angler, which has some good Striper and Tuna shows:happy7:several shows on Tarpon fishing in Florida, Saltwater Adventures, The Bite wth Capt Matty, Adictive Fishing wth Capt Blair Wiggins, Sport Fishing wth Dan Hernandez, Chevy Florida Fishing Report which is a LIVE 90min show wth Dave Ferrel of editor of Marlin Magazine and Capt Dave Murphy and One Moore Catch wth X-NFL WR Dave Moore are some of the better saltwater shows I've seen......:happy7:

So you satellite guys, set your DVR's up and grab a :coffee:, set back and enjoy:fish:

Hunt for Big Fish on VS:

Nice footage of big fish being caught but pretty shy on techniques and tackle. Non-passing grade.

Sport Fishing Magazine on VS:

Quite good on tools, techniques, locations and friendly to the newbie.

Of course lots of different species being caught.

Worth watching the series.

I am focusing my watching pretty much on saltwater.

There are far too many freshie shows to watch. I don't fish fresh anyway.

Yeah, those LMB shows are all the same and boring.

now the saltwater shows are a lot of fun to watch. I find that Saturday and Sunday mornings are usually best times to park my caboose in front of the TV.

yup, I agree 100% if there's a Bass Tourny or specifically Large mouth bass, I change the channel....I really can't stand them. Small Mouth, well those are a different story....Oh and Saltwater Experience.....Good fishing on the show (and w00t I saw the thumb dinger being used this weekend) My only comment to them, would be lose some of the round table talk and show me some more fishing :) But my all time Favorite fishing show is Offshore Adventures. I can't wait to see the upcoming shows with the "mother ship" Its gotta be tough going from the 72' Go Fisch down to a 40' Cabo though.....

That's my favorite show too. I especially like the Gourmet Galley. Also Melissa shows that girls can rock the rod too( fishing rod that is ):angel3:

Ok, North American Fisherman seems to be LMB, that's all I've seen and have canceled the recordings.

World of Saltwater Fishing on ESPN-2 (Channel 72 on DTV Hi-Def) is pretty good. They fish off shore and in the mangroves of FL. The hosts are constantly teasing each other. They show the bait/lure, type of line, structure to fish and presentation.

Texas Saltwater Series is on DTV ch 643, I don't get that channel or SUN on 632 (Mark Sosin's Saltwater Journal). Are they any good?

I have seen stuff being added to DTV On Demand, it's new and they add more stuff everyday. I just don't have the sports package so I can't see the 2 channels above.

the saltwater experience seems to be the best but I think they sit at the table and talk too much. having said that I think I am making a trip down to fish with scott walker, who was the guide that took them swordfishing. the trip is still in the works but it will be an AWESOME trip if it happens. cobia fishing in Destin, daytime swordfishing out of hawk's cay, and flats fishing in the keys.

the saltwater experience seems to be the best but I think they sit at the table and talk too much. having said that I think I am making a trip down to fish with scott walker, who was the guide that took them swordfishing. the trip is still in the works but it will be an AWESOME trip if it happens. cobia fishing in Destin, daytime swordfishing out of hawk's cay, and flats fishing in the keys.

Matt, excellent choice:icon_thumright: Scott is a "Top-Notch" Captian:glasses1:

we are going to Hawks Cay the second week of April to fish wth Tom, Rich and Scott offshore and inshore:eusa_dance:

gotta' check-out Tom's new "flatts" boat, a 24' Yellowfin wth a 300HP Verado, can you say Wicked-Quick:eek:

how long will you be down? maybe we could hook up? I am pretty flexible as to when I will be going.

how long will you be down? maybe we could hook up? I am pretty flexible as to when I will be going.

we are flying into Miami on thursday april 10, in th morning and Im trying to arange a 1/2 day charter wth Captian Matty from the TV shoe "The Bite" then were staying in Homestead over night and driving to Duck key/Hawks Cay on friday and staying till monday:icon_scratch:

my brother Jeff will be in town longer as he has a meeting wth Steve Stepp of Velocity Powerboats and he will be staying at his new house in Stuart, now that may dictate how much longer we stay in Fla:glasses2:

lmk bro:icon_thumright:

:director:one thing I forgot to add is:

we are going as guest of the TV show and Capt Tom Rowland, so Im not to sure how flexable we'll be to fishing durring the day, now night time around the docks and bridges?!?!?!?...LOOK-OUT Tarpon and Snook:happy7:

Sport Fishing Magazine on Versus (DTV 603) has a show titled Northeast Stripers. It is dated 2008. They go out of Rudee Inlet and latch onto plenty of 30-40 pounders. Most on parachute rigs but one on a tossed jig/doetail combo. They had three on at one time and two rods had a double with cows on!

Very pretty fish!

On Monday 3/31 at 7 am on Versus.

Hank Parker's Outdoors airing Dancing with Stripers.

I don't know what Stripers, just hope it isn't Zebras.