8 posts in this topic

Where can I get those nice alum extended height sipkes? Or is it easier to just make them?:cool:

Easier to buy them, a lot cheaper to make your own.

Search for some recent posts by Charkbait, he went into detail on how he made his spikes.

3757d1201448357-efficient-fishing-dsc00194.jpg

if weight is not an issue I'd just go with the 6' ol' temporary fencing and a PVC top. $8

need to replace them every couple years if you don't keep em painted and rust free.

No offense but Gene Reynolds sell both 4 and 6 foot sand spikes at a reasonable price. I think they are some where between 20 and 30 dollars and do not have to be replaced. His number is 302 834-7418. He is down the beach most weekends and you can pick them up at is place in Bethany. Well worth the investment. There’s some guys with their original rack and spikes and they just keep putting them on new trucks.

I bought some quick release sand spikes. I added 5' angled aluminum extensions on them. Home Depot has angled aluminum but it tends to be to thin and expensive. I bought my extensions from a place in selbyville, delaware. Just bolt the extensions with stainless steel bolts and washers.

No offense but Gene Reynolds sell both 4 and 6 foot sand spikes at a reasonable price. I think they are some where between 20 and 30 dollars and do not have to be replaced. His number is 302 834-7418. He is down the beach most weekends and you can pick them up at is place in Bethany. Well worth the investment. There’s some guys with their original rack and spikes and they just keep putting them on new trucks.

i love genes design and i have had his holders for years, but htis year i made some with inch and a half angle 1/8th thickness and made them 6 foot long with the same style pvc that i ran through a band saw. they are taller and stronger but the were spendy to make. the metal alone was 2 dollars a foot and i made 4 of them at 6 foot.

Well, if ya want heavy duty and nearly free....

An old bed rail is the perfect "angle". They won't flex, bend or break. Paint 'em so they won't rust. Down side, they are heavy!