9 posts in this topic

If I were a virginia boy, I'd get my butt to the pier at sandbridge right now......

What did I miss?

Just got home from work at 5:30am (went in yesterday at 3 in the afternoon) and now you got me wondering.

I'm guessing you heard of a bite close in today??

Headed south of Sandbridge off the pier. Caught our limitof 8 and released as many. Lots of birds bait and fish. They bit whatever was out

That's the report I got.

Sounded pretty good to me.....<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Yeah, I bet they were still to far out to get from the pier.

At least that's what I'm saying to myself!:angry5:

Wow!

The big Stripes were crashing all around the pier, you could drop a net and get 'em! Pretty much deserted, not many ppl out there. Fish all over the surface really churning it up, lasted for hours!

Looked like a huge oil slick from the chompin'!

(ok, just kidding!)

Had ya though, eh?

Too much beach replenishment there during the past year! Beach has flattened out from all of it and changed the fishing to some degree.

I have not heard of 1 day yet when the stripers crashed the beach. Closest I have heard is about 1/2 mile out or so!:cwm21: Heck the Bay season did not have any good blitzes either this fall. Need some more bait!

I rode out that way yesterday and it was bare boned at sandbridge (10 minutes from home)! Nothing at all even looked fishy what so ever......I came home with the heavers and stuck em back in the garage and hitched up the jon boat for some sodium free water action !! Yellow perch are hitting like crazy now !!