12 posts in this topic

whats up guys. i attached some pics of three of the rockfish I caught early last week (let the girlfriend reel one in, they like it when you do that). more where they came from....

saturday through right now has been a bust for me in the fishing category. weather, bad tides and no bites :x monday night's weather system screwed things all up. on monday i got up early to test the white perch run before heading to baltimore for the O's game. i dont care what anyone says, they are NOT running well. fattys are being caught in the mid sections of the rivers from what I have heard, but as for the upper reaches of the creeks, the white perch were pretty scarce yesterday. i cant remember many times that the perch werent running strong by the first week of april, guys. the answer is clear as to why. how much rain have we gotten in the last month and a half? none. the water at red bridges is pretty low, fish arent making it up that far. as for the tuckahoe, i walked a large portion of the river off horseshoe road, stopping to flip my favorite little perch jig tipped with a grass shrimp into every likely hole and only caught a handful. i imagine the fish are holed up downstream and can be caught without any problem if you can find them.

as for my rockfishing spot, i let the local usuals have it for the weekend. i dont need to be bumping shoulders on saturday for the fish i can catch all week long while y'all are at work :D 8) from what i heard and gathered from the beach, there were a decent number of fish caught saturday and I heard of two 30 inch class fish sunday, i think the run was stronger earlier in the week. this morning my dad drove all the way down from annapolis to go rockfishin with me today, and when we got to the water it was blowing 25. picked up to 35 by 9 AM. :censored: you, weatherman.

i expect a fresh run of rock mid week with the renewed weather front, good tides and moon, and improving weather conditions. ill have pictures soon if it picks up again. goin in the morning.

copy_of_img_0998_613.jpg.d4631d660438b8b

copy_of_img_1012_114.jpg.e326ae480c9b1e1

copy_of_img_1009_178.jpg.b5442d24253a2f9

correction, i put in the wrong pic...the one in the middle was 31", not 35. look at me being honest :angle:

Nice pictures! Great report too. Those are what I have been fishing HARD for. Great job and congrats to your girlfriend! :up:

Very nice job. A lot of people are getting in on this action. They have been doing well at SPSP and several other locations along the chesapeake bay. If you ever want someone to tag along let me know.

Most of these are catch and release right now, right? Let them bad boys go so the can swim out into the ocean and right by my bait. :-)

everyone swam away alive thanks to circle hooks :up:

SPSP has never produced like i am seeing down this way. i lived minutes from there for 18 years.

Thanks for shareing the photos,looks like a great time :!:

everyone swam away alive thanks to circle hooks :up:

SPSP has never produced like i am seeing down this way. i lived minutes from there for 18 years.

Cool about the releases Surfbass 8) Do ya ever fish farther north, like Hart-Miller, or North point SP :?:

surbass, that looks like roaring point